PDA

View Full Version : Can we all just get along....PLEASE...long

cueball1950
10-22-2003, 12:12 AM
I have been reading all of the posts here and on AZ for some time now and I have come to the conclusion that there is way to much petty bickering and infighting going on on both boards. I will be the 1st one to admit to my bad mouthing the UPA and Charlie Williams and the way the organization is run and the tactics they use. But sometimes it just gets to overwhelming. lets face it. None of us are perfect and really don't have a clue what is really going on with that organization or in Charlies mind. The same with Fast Larry. He is back on here registered as FL ONE. So what. Let him post whatever he wants to post and if you disagree with him. Don't answer his post. JUST IGNORE IT. Eventually he will get the hint. It appears that there is no solid way for ADMIN to keep him off permanently. Again I will be the 1st one to admit to Larry Bashing. And now someone is trying to stir up trouble about Fran Crimi. I have met Fran and she is 1 of the nicest people out there and i have alot of respect for her and her game and accomplishments. i realize that alot of people are going to disagree with me, but hey, i come on these boards as an escape from the serious problems i have here at home and seeing so much fighting is not an escape. Like I said, I wil be the first 1 to admit to doing it as much if not more than the other people on here but i have to turn over a new leaf and only try to post and make replies in a positive fashion. So please people. can't we all just bury the hatchett and get along. I am extending the olive branch of peace to all that i have offended. I am truly sorry and will behave in a more responsible manner from here on out. That is my promise to everyone....................mike

bluewolf
10-22-2003, 03:00 AM
Thanks Mike. I skipped over the upa threads but got pretty flamy on the one on az where blud was being attacked and on some on playpool. So I am guilty too.

I know I should not flame anyone but it is awfully hard to be quiet when my friends are being called names. Guess I should just stay out of it and let them have their fights. Getting into it just made things worse including someone getting mad at me and saying that they were not my friend anymore.

Good post.

Laura

Scott Lee
10-22-2003, 04:32 AM
Mike...I would certainly agree with you. I guess what pisses me off the most about FL is that he posts under so many pseudonyms, and literally carries on conversations with himself, frequently bashing many others here, myself included. However...like you said, turn the other cheek, and just ignore the posts. Maybe he will go away, but I doubt it... I'll certainly try to do my part here! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott

jjinfla
10-22-2003, 05:34 AM
Mike,

Perhaps it would be good if you took your own advice.

Why did you find it necessary to bring up these topics again? They were dead and gone until you revived them.

Jake

cheesemouse
10-22-2003, 09:20 AM
Cueball1950,
No.....we can't all get along....we shouldn't all 'get along'....it is boring for all the get along.....I perfer that the idiots, the ignorant, the clueless, the rude, the delusional(we know who that is), the imbecile faction, the retards and the nasty ones to identify themselves so we can help them....LOL........."If everyone lite just one little candle what a bright world this would be"......is bull$hit

Idiots are interesting....they are the spice of life.......we only see the light because of the darkness around it....how would we normal genious level thinkers know how bright we are w/o the nimrods to reflect off.

transamman
10-22-2003, 10:36 AM
I know a way to lighten everything up! A little humor!

http://www.theantiher0.com

SPetty
10-22-2003, 11:35 AM
....it is boring for all the get along.....
<font color="blue">Well, I don't come to an internet pool forum for excitement... I can get enough of that elsewhere.</font color>

Idiots are interesting....they are the spice of life.......
<font color="blue">Interestingly enough, I get enough of idiots in person (and in traffic!) in my daily life. The CCB would be a grand place without idiots.</font color>

SPetty &lt;~~ wondering what category you put me in...

Rich R.
10-22-2003, 11:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> ....it is boring for all the get along.....
<font color="blue">Well, I don't come to an internet pool forum for excitement... I can get enough of that elsewhere.</font color>

Idiots are interesting....they are the spice of life.......
<font color="blue">Interestingly enough, I get enough of idiots in person (and in traffic!) in my daily life. The CCB would be a grand place without idiots.</font color>

SPetty &lt;~~ wondering what category you put me in... <hr /></blockquote>
Very well said SPetty. I too, have more than my share of contact with idiots, every day.

Of course, they may feel the same way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
10-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Can we all get along?
I doubt it because there are sociopaths out there who'd invade parties they are not invited to.
I don't get it. If people can't stand you at one place, why go there?
Maybe a threat of LAWSUIT? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Then there are people out there who's heads boil over trivial opinions. Like one man's opinion will affect his life.

Keith Talent
10-23-2003, 02:48 PM
Hey, Mike, I'm all for it, but about 2,000 years ago, Marcus Aurelius had to deal with same kind of trouble ... and tried to remind himself to handle it this way:

"Begin the morning by saying to thyself, I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, decitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil. But I who have seen the nature of the good that it is beautiful, and of the bad that it is ugly, and the nature of him who does wrong, that it is akin to me, not only of the same blood or seed, but that it participates in the same intelligence and the same portion of the divinity, I can neither be injured by any of them, for no one can fix on me what is ugly, nor can I be angry with my kinsman, nor hate him.

For we are made for cooperation, like feet, hands, like eyelids, like the rows of the upper and lower teeth. To act against one another then is contrary to nature; and it is acting against one another to be vexed and to turn away."

No doubt Plato would agree./ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif