PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough. Ban Patrick the jerk.

Cueless Joey
04-14-2002, 11:48 AM
It's about time to block Patrick's IP. It's obvious this fool needs to see a shrink. He did thes same crap on The Monk message board. Why do we have to deal with this fool? of course, we can just all ignore his posts and get everyone to do the same. But, he'll respond to his own posts and get a long thread going by himself. So, if it's possible to block his IP address, then it should be done.

04-14-2002, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> It's about time to block Patrick's IP. It's obvious this fool needs to see a shrink. He did thes same crap on The Monk message board. Why do we have to deal with this fool? of course, we can just all ignore his posts and get everyone to do the same. But, he'll respond to his own posts and get a long thread going by himself. So, if it's possible to block his IP address, then it should be done. <hr></blockquote>

maybe i missed something but i have not seen the dude dis anyone here for a long, long time.

if you have a problem with strange, weird, socially suspect or seriously abnormal people then please don't come to any of the rooms i play in. especially when everyone gets back from inspecting their cars after league ;}

dan...i have no idea.

Tom_In_Cincy
04-14-2002, 12:55 PM
Patrick is harmless, if you don't like his posts, don't read them.. at least he doesn't attack anyone, unless they go off on him first, and is generally respectful.

I agree that his style is not the norm.. but in the end, he is just harmless. Most aliens I know are not as good at Virtual pool..

stickman
04-14-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey, I like Patrick. Like has been said, he is normally very polite, and doesn't attack people. He takes a lot of kidding good naturedly.

Alfie
04-14-2002, 02:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Why do we have to deal with this fool? of course, we can just all ignore his posts and get everyone to do the same. But, he'll respond to his own posts and get a long thread going by himself. <hr></blockquote>
I like Patrick. Don't read many of his posts or much of any Patrick thread, but I like him. Did you see that two guys bought his autograph? hehehe

Hey Cueless Joey, did you EVER own a cue?

Ralph S.
04-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Don't know the guy, he has never attacked me or anyone else...that I know of. Just give the guy a break instead of getting personal vendettas going. Remember, it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
Ralph S.

rackmup
04-14-2002, 06:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>of course, we can just all ignore his posts and get everyone to do the same.<hr></blockquote>

Cueless Joey,

I am not trying to start a beef but if Patrick is that much of a bother to you, I would suggest ignoring his posts. You have more control over it than he does. Sure, he submits posts but YOU have to choose to read them. I learned a long time ago that if you poke yourself in the eye with a stick, it hurts. So I no longer poke myself in the eye.

Yes, I agree Patrick is "out there" but then, we are all very different in many, many ways. It's what makes the United States a wonderful place in which to live. Freedom of Speech is something not enjoyed by many.

If we start banning IP's, begin with the "anonymous" posters that do nothing but inflame the CCB, then put me next in line.

Regards,

Ken

04-14-2002, 06:51 PM
Patrick is totally harmless and never tries to degrade anyone at all. In fact he is one of the better posters on here when it comes to manners. (Did you hear that Ken?) If we all posted in the good nature and well meaning way that Patrick does then this board would be a nicer place.

Alfie
04-14-2002, 07:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Patrick is totally harmless and never tries to degrade anyone at all. In fact he is one of the better posters on here when it comes to manners. (Did you hear that Ken?) If we all posted in the good nature and well meaning way that Patrick does then this board would be a nicer place. <hr></blockquote>

BLACKHEART
04-14-2002, 08:02 PM
DON'T READ HIS POSTS OR ANSWER ANYTHING HE HAS TO SAY.

TomBrooklyn
04-14-2002, 08:47 PM
<font color=red>Your tactics are transparent Cueless. You are trying to discredit Patrick to drive down the value of his autograph cards so that you can buy them all yourself at depressed prices and resell them to make a killing./ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif</font color=red>

Well, can you spell I-n-t-e-r-s-t-a-t-e C-o-m-m-e-r-c-e C-o-m-m-i-s-s-i-o-n? Can you spell S-e-c-u-r-i-t-i-e-s and E-x-c-h-a-n-g-e C-o-m-m-i-s-s-i-o-n? Do you know that telling lies or libel to try to manipulate the value of a publicly traded commodity is a crime? Can you spell Federal Prison?/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

If I was you, I'd be hoping Patrick didn't slap a libel suit on you just for your subject headline. Can you prove in a civil court of law that he is a jerk? If you can't, you just libeled him. And as you so well know; he could produce thousands of humans that would testify in dispute of your allegation.

Now your evil plan has backfired. Patrick it more famous than ever, and his autograph cards are worth more, not less.

04-14-2002, 08:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <font color=red>Your tactics are transparent Cueless. You are trying to discredit Patrick to drive down the value of his autograph cards so that you can buy them all yourself at depressed prices and resell them to make a killing./ccboard/images/icons/shocked.gif</font color=red>

Well, can you spell I-n-t-e-r-s-t-a-t-e C-o-m-m-e-r-c-e C-o-m-m-i-s-s-i-o-n? Can you spell S-e-c-u-r-i-t-i-e-s and E-x-c-h-a-n-g-e C-o-m-m-i-s-s-i-o-n? Do you know that telling lies or libel to try to manipulate the value of a publicly traded commodity is a crime? Can you spell Federal Prison?/ccboard/images/icons/tongue.gif

If I was you, I'd be hoping Patrick didn't slap a libel suit on you just for your subject headline. Can you prove in a civil court of law that he is a jerk? If you can't, you just libeled him. And as you so well know; he could produce thousands of humans that would testify in dispute of your allegation.

Now your evil plan has backfired. Patrick it more famous than ever, and his autograph cards are worth more, not less. <hr></blockquote>

well, holdon there ole tom.

we've been watching your activity in the aforementioned unregistered security and it appears that you have assumed a 50% interest without makeing any of the required filings and disclosures.

seems you hold fully half the existing shares with the other half being held by what appears to be an unregistered alien shill corp.

further, there is evidence that you and said shill may be engaging in unlawful communication with the intent to run up the value of your holdings.

we are monitoring this and, for the time being, i suggest you preserve and protect any and all records, real or imagined, terrestrial or not within or without this or any other dimension pending further resolution.

don't even think of typing the words:

arthur anderson.

JimS
04-14-2002, 09:26 PM
I think Patrick does no harm, is only a LITTLE more weird than most of us pool players, and takes a lot of crap from mean spirited agressors without becoming mean himself. I really can't understand why people keep tormenting him.

04-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Hey Cueless Joey...

I notice that your bio...is devoid of any data that might tell us who you are and where you're coming from...And without any data on you, that would make you...

"CLUE-LESS" Cueless Joey.

I think that kind of sums you up...

Ron Chapiesky in SC

PS...I like Patrick; and if you don't...don't read his posts.

cheesemouse
04-14-2002, 09:42 PM
Patrick is the resident alien, I am the resident mouse and we all have been the resident dog. Take a few deep breaths and just let it be. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-14-2002, 10:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: cheesemouse:</font><hr> Patrick is the resident alien, I am the resident mouse and we all have been the resident dog. Take a few deep breaths and just let it be. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>

gee, cheeser, now that you mention it, 'ol patrick would be doin good just to make the top 10 around here.

we got a sharp shootin inconoclasic metaphysical philosopher who sells ice cream to eskimos in the frozen north while waxing eloquent on the exigencies of spherical movement with one hand clapping in a forest and

how can he top our arizexan columnist or the contributions of the beloved anon. ?

somehow, a picture comes to mind of a 900 pound somoan 1-pocket ace lighting candles around a frozen chicken on the living room rug. i don't know where that comes from.

cross-continental booze blackout pool match challengers? is this not, i ask you, weird enought to get in the race???

and the lurkers? hah! i'll bet there's enough weirdness out there to make whatshisname blush.( do aliens or those in contact with or under control thereof blush???) push him back to the top twenty, maybe more.

dan...i must be the only normal one here.

Alfie
04-14-2002, 10:48 PM
This is just to let you know that the post I am responding to contains a poll. I screwed up with the icon.

MaineEAck
04-15-2002, 08:16 AM
I do not think that he should be banned, but i d not understand one thing... When other people just post a message advertising their company, and/or website, I have seen you guys jump on them like there is no tomorrow. Isn't this exactly what Patrick is doing?

Chris Cass
04-15-2002, 08:38 AM
Hi Joey,
Calm down my friend. Technically, I should be the only poster here. I'm the only one who's sane.

Regards,
C.C.~~word of advice, don't gamble with anyone with the first name of a town, state or country. LMAO

Alfie
04-15-2002, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MaineEAck:</font><hr> When other people just post a message advertising their company, and/or website, I have seen you guys jump on them like there is no tomorrow. Isn't this exactly what Patrick is doing? <hr></blockquote>
No. That's entertainment.

04-15-2002, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MaineEAck:</font><hr> I do not think that he should be banned, but i d not understand one thing... When other people just post a message advertising their company, and/or website, I have seen you guys jump on them like there is no tomorrow. Isn't this exactly what Patrick is doing? <hr></blockquote>

There is a good explanation for this phenomenon. Most on the CCB have enough common sense to know who should, and should not be allowed a little leeway on the advertising rules. For example, someone who shows up every time they need to advertise something and then never sticks around will promptly be told to quit, but other people who are frequent contributors to the board, are allowed to post an add from time to time, as long as they do not become spammers.

In Patricks case I believe nobody wants to get on the wrong side of a being of superior intelligence and technology. By being cordial to Patrick many of us hope to be the person selected to go along, when Patrick chooses to go home.

Stauber
-------
If you bet that you'll make a straight on the river, that's gambling. If you bet that Horse 29 will win race 4, that's entertainment. If you bet that oil will go up a nickel, that's business. See the difference.

rackmup
04-15-2002, 10:09 AM
"Anonymous",

I see through your thinly veiled problem and wish to help you with it. First, admit who you are (Greggie from playpool.com) and then, move onto the help that you need. I am telling you this because I AM YOUR FRIEND.

Jealousy is a combination of emotional reactions, including fear, anger, and anxiety. Studies have shown that men and women tend to feel jealous for different reasons; for instance, in a perceived rivalry, it is more likely to incite jealousy in a woman than in a man, except in your situation. You are so overwhelmed with being "accepted" here at the CCB, that you feel it necessary to attack the one person that threatens you the most; ME. In your weak mind, you believe that I am a better pool player, my posts are enjoyed by others, I have had girlfriends and am now married to a very attractive woman and, I have a great job. You compare this to your "C-" table skills, your boring posts, the fact that you have NEVER had a female companion (naming your right hand "Lucille" doesn't count), you have not received that promotion to "Drive-Thru" attendant at the McDonalds where you have been employed since dropping out of high school and, you are generally, not well liked. Everyone occasionally experiences normal jealousy; caring about anyone or anything means that one will become uncomfortable and anxious at the prospect of losing the desired person or object to another. An unhealthy degree of apathy would be required for an individual never to experience jealousy.

The opposite extreme is pathological jealousy(this is your problem), also called morbid jealousy, which differs significantly from normal jealousy in its degree of intensity. Stronger and more long-lasting than normal jealousy, it is generally characterized by serious feelings of insecurity and inadequacy, as well as suspiciousness or paranoia. Whereas healthy individuals recover from jealousy fairly rapidly, either by realizing that it is unfounded or through some other coping mechanism, pathologically jealous people become obsessed by their fears and constantly look for signs that their suspicions are true, to the point where they may find it difficult to function normally. Excessive jealousy is unhealthy and destructive in all relationships. By making people behave in ways that will alienate others, jealousy becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, depriving its victims of the affection or success they are so anxious to protect. Individuals suffering from morbid jealousy are prone to severe anxiety, depression, difficulty in controlling anger, and may engage in self-destructive behavior or elicit suicidal tendencies (this IS the solution.)

The most serious side effects of this morbid jealousy include:
<ul type="square"> Sexual Dysfunction.
Overwhelming attraction to small animals (to satisy the need for power over one even weaker than yourself.)
Inflicting injuries to your own body.
Severe acne.
The desire to date Wayne Newton.
[/list]

"Anonymous" (Greggie), please get some help or return to playpool.com. I think even you, at the low IQ that you are, can see you are not welcome here. The polls don't lie.

Regards and my final post to you,

Ken

SPetty
04-15-2002, 12:40 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Ralph S.:</font><hr> Remember, it takes all kinds to make the world go round.
Ralph S. <hr></blockquote>

"It doesn't take all kinds. There simply are all kinds."
--Churchill

SPetty~~Thanks for the opportunity to quote one of my favorite sayings...

Alfie
04-15-2002, 02:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> I see through your thinly veiled problem and wish to help you with it. I am telling you this because I AM YOUR FRIEND. snippy snip snip
<hr></blockquote>
Sorry, too many words.

rackmup
04-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Alfie,

Sorry if the post was too long. I am compensated $.25 per word. It's how I earn my pool money.

Regards,

Ken (just earned another $5.75)

04-15-2002, 03:10 PM
this to both of the children.

i'm certainly not taking sides but you both infected the other board with this crap for way too long. it's clear you both enjoy the fight. please do not being it here.

dan

Alfie
04-15-2002, 03:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: rackmup:</font><hr> Sorry if the post was too long. I am compensated $.25 per word. It's how I earn my pool money.
Ken (just earned another $5.75) <hr></blockquote>
In that case rave on, brother.

rackmup
04-15-2002, 03:51 PM
HoustonDan,

With all due respect, if you read my closing line...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>Regards and my final post to you,

Ken<hr></blockquote>
...you can clearly see that I no longer wish to battle the dim-witted either. Whoever "anonymous" is, followed me back here. If you read my last response to him at playpool.com, you will see he stopped posting there...period.

Your ire and "name-calling" (children?) would be better directed at the problem, "Mr. Anonymous."

I have nothing but respect for the members of the CCB that came long before I did. I have attempted to follow your private messages in an attempt to "please" you.

Now, do me the kind favor of refraining from calling me names and focus your efforts on the posters who wish to "stir the pot."

Sincerely and with due respect,

Ken

rackmup
04-15-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the "Rave On Hall Pass." I'll cut you the typical 30%.

Regards,

Ken (the check's in the mail)

04-15-2002, 06:25 PM
Same as before Dan. You did nothing about it before. If Ken acts like an A$$HOLE then he deserves the grief. Why does he feel the need to insult the people who disagree with him? I mean Really??

04-15-2002, 06:28 PM
You are such an [censored]. Quit trying to look like the victim. You are like the kid in school who starts the brawl and is the first to run away. Quit starting the crap and we will all get along. I have told you that at least 20 times.

cheesemouse
04-15-2002, 07:35 PM
Dan,
I whole heartedly agree with you on this one, that crap from the 'other' board should be kept out of here. Ken, if you encourage this here you are out of line. Deal with this pest elsewhere, please, I'm on your side for now but you loose the cheese if that wasn't your last. Sorry for the directness but gives us a break...

rackmup
04-15-2002, 07:45 PM
No problem cheesemouse,

My respect is too great for all of you here. It wouldn't hurt if you (and others) were as direct with the "anonymous" guy.

Respects,

Ken

Scott Lee
04-15-2002, 08:38 PM
Chris...WAIT A MINUTE! I resemble that remark about being the only one sane! LOL

Scott

Wally_in_Cincy
04-16-2002, 06:05 AM