PDA

View Full Version : Good Pool day

04-14-2002, 01:22 PM
Hey everyone! Just recovering from yesterday. I thought "Drink Canada Dry" wasn't an add, but a personal challenge. LOL

I finaly got around to entering a big tournament. The 9 ball Open Class Provintial Championships. The only other one i got to this year (just to qualify) i got blown out, but since i qualified none the less i figured "what the hell".

So there i was unseeded first round who do i draw but Dave Boone ranked #1, guess what, I FINALY BEAT HIM!! YEAH!! FIRST TIME!!It turned out to be the biggest upset of the tourney. The beuty of it was i finaly broke my "hill jinks", last time we met i had him down 6-4 in a race to seven, got stuck and he burned me the last 3 racks. Same thing happened to put me out of that tourney, i was beginning to think i had some kind of hill decease or something. But not yesterday, we went at it and i fought like crazy to keep it close in a race to nine then in an incredibly nerve wracking game i tie him up at hill hill. In the final game i broke made nothing and Dave runs down to the 6 before getting out of line, misses and lets me in. I don't even remember sinking the 6 and 7 but i screwed my shape for the 8 (probably due to my wobbly knees lol) and only had a bank side to look at as the 9 was along the same side rail so a stop shot for the cross- side was the only shot thier. Well could have cut the 8 in the side as it was out some and come around 3 rails for the 9 but naaaaa banked the 8 and sinched the 9. Man that's the closest to heaven i've been in for awhile!

That was my highlite anyway, that set the tone for the day and i played about the best with what i got. Even the old cue i picked up off the wall to shoot with that day was doing everything i wanted it to.

Started to run out of gas after about 6 hours though. Lost the edge and fell in a couple of real close ones. Finished in the Money 9-12.......GOOD DAY! Was real happy to see my name up their with the best dozen players from this Province /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif St

04-14-2002, 01:51 PM
st, big congrats. glad to hear things are moving well.

dan

Chris Cass
04-14-2002, 02:07 PM
Hi KStretch,

Sounds like congrats are in order. Next time your 9-12th remember your in the best position to take it off. That's when you bare down and go for the win. 9-12th is strong in a strong field.

It's tough to dig down deep and this does separate the men from the boys so to say. Rolls and good breaks are key to this game and you need both to win. Determination and not, letting that 3 hr breaks in between games kill ya. It's tough, been there.

Good Job,
C.C.

Barbara
04-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Hey Stretch!

Good to hear from you and doubly good to hear of your success in the recent tourny. Nothing like making a big knock in the first round when you figured you were doomed. I've done the same (and against someone WE both know... /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif). So relish the success!!

Barbara

Doctor_D
04-14-2002, 05:45 PM
Outstanding !!

Congratulations, way to go ...

Dr. D.

Rod
04-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Hi Stretch, Glad to hear you did so well. Beating the #1 player is a feather in your hat! What's the deal here, they got you down to playing with a house cue? Yes in the late going it does get tough, all that waiting etc. You need to be tournament ready, but that's hard if you only play once in a while. Good job all the same.

Wally_in_Cincy
04-15-2002, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: kStretch:</font><hr> Even the old cue i picked up off the wall to shoot with <hr></blockquote>

You're kidding aren't you?

04-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Hey Stretch, CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad to hear your playing with the big boys. Dave is not only ranked #1 in the province in 9-ball, but #4 in the province in snooker and 5/6 in the country in open class 8-ball.

Not long after I first met you I was talking with Dave. I asked him if he knew you and he told me you were a walking encyclopedia on pool, but your only problem was you weren't playing tuff enough players ( because of your location ). Well your their now where all the top players are. Good Luck in the future. Terry

04-16-2002, 08:42 AM
Thanks Dan, and all the other well wishers! Yes it was a real strong field. No easy draws, everyone there was there for only one reason, to KICK BUTT! In the past those guys would knock me out faster than a fat girl in dodge ball.....not any more /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Also, HI Terry! Was realy hopeing to see you there.

To Wally, yep played all day with a house cue.

To all the others kind enough to share congrats, i thank you. Couldn't have gone as far without all your knowledge and encouragement freely shared over the years. All of you continue to be my inspiration and information. St