PDA

View Full Version : Jump Shot in One Pocket

ceebee
10-25-2003, 10:47 PM
is a Jump Shot legal in One Pocket?

Rod
10-25-2003, 11:33 PM
Well if it isn't, a bunch of people have fouled, including me. There is not a rule against a jump in one pocket. You might find an opponent that won't allow it but thats up to you two. There might even be a tournament that does not allow jumps, so you should check with the TD or find their rule sheet.

Rod

NH_Steve
10-26-2003, 05:25 AM
I don't see why not. Jump shots have been around a long time and occasionally show up in One Pocket -- I don't recall ever hearing of a jump shot being called a foul in One Pocket, unless the cue ball jumps the table of course. Standard pool rules accept a legitimate jump shot as legal, why make an exception for One Pocket?

However, an object ball jumped off the table gets into a bit more of a gray area in One Pocket, because traditionally, it has not been a foul in One Pocket to jump an object ball off the table, whereas it is in all other standard pool rules. I assume this was because it offered yet one more technique to remove a ball from the jaws of your opponent's pocket, and One Pocket players like that /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif But, it does run contrary to standardized rules, and some tournament directors would consider it a foul.