PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything more agravating?

stickman
10-25-2003, 11:41 PM
I played a tournament today and my first match I played one of the best and had him down 4 games to nothing and and managed to beat him. The second match I played a no skill player (skill level 4) and he slopped in the nine 3 out of the 4 games he won and beat me. He lined up on the 9 and gave it a ride every time he had the chance. (not combinations, just hit it and hope for the best) I played the fellow that I played on my first match for my second loss. "Lucky" took third place, and I took forth. Is there any strategy to play on the bangers that slam on the nine and hope for the best?

Ralph S.
10-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Not picking on ya or being sarcastic, but just dont let em to the table. If possible, leave em as far away from the nine as possible lol.

jjinfla
10-26-2003, 03:59 AM
Some games/matches are just not meant for you to win.
Call it Karma - call it 9-ball.
Jake

pooldaddy9
10-26-2003, 05:11 AM
I know what you mean. There is this one guy here that will pass up an easy run out just to roll the nine and never in the pocket intended. I say NEW rule, call the nine.

ras314
10-26-2003, 11:17 AM
I play occasionly in a bar tournament that does use a call the 9 rule. I don't like it, mainly because I'll try the nine most times when the ob ball will go too. Then I wind up missing both because once calling a ball I'm going to try harder to make it. Or poor position. Arg! Well I don't claim to be a good player anyway. Seems this place had a player vote on calling the nine in order to reduce the ball banger's chance to win. Now everybody calls the nine somewhere if they think there is any possibility it might get hit. Rediculous.

Rod
10-26-2003, 11:31 AM
How many of those times could have been prevented if you played a better shot or safe? I have a friend that use to ride the 9 ever chance he got. His skill level raised a bit and now he rides the 9 very little. He was lucky but found out you won't win many by luck. Its happened to all of us, just part of playing 9 ball. Playing on bar boxes seems easier to luck in balls.

Rod

cheesemouse
10-26-2003, 11:53 AM
If you are a good enough player to run the balls when they are there, your easiest matches should be against the 'ride the cheese type players'. It's like playing with a poker player who goes all in when drawing too inside straights...you just gotta love it.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
10-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah, and you got to hate it when they occasionaly hit the straight. Now if you can play enough racks it is a different story.

cheesemouse
10-26-2003, 12:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Yeah, and you got to hate it when they occasionaly hit the straight. Now if you can play enough racks it is a different story. <hr /></blockquote>

It is diffinitely a LAW OF LARGE NUMBERS thing but the law still exists....... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif