PDA

View Full Version : CCB tournament in Valley Forge

runout1961
10-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Once again I know this is pretty far away but I must know well in advance. Could someone let me in all the details about the ccb tournament in valle forge, as far as where, when, pretty much everything. Probably do not know anything yet this far out but if you do I would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
A1C John J. Ehle
Firefighter, USAF

Barbara
10-27-2003, 10:32 AM
That's going to be pretty hard to do unless you all to to a pool hall.

Granted, there will be about 120 Diamond 7-footers, but they're all going to be in use for the amateur event.

Markley Billiards is not too far away from the Convention Center. I haven't been there in years so I don't have much info for you.

Barbara

Rich R.
10-27-2003, 10:53 AM
As hard as this me be to understand, there is not a CCB tournament at every major pool event. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Maybe some day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That doesn't mean that there won't be many CCB'ers there. You can always enter the amateur tournament that takes place at the Expo.

Pizza Bob
10-27-2003, 01:04 PM
There's also Rack'em Up in Frazer, PA - about 15 minutes from the convention center. Nice room. Usually play there once a year or so (at VF time). Not real big, but they have a 12' snooker table and a number (10?) of nine-footers. For the life of me, I can't recall what kind. Scott Lee was giving a lesson there last year when I was there. Perhaps he remembers more. Scott?

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Barbara
10-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Harry's place has three different kinds of tables - and he only has 14 tables.

His equipment isn't always in the bst of shape consideriung that age of his customers.

But the snooker table is way cool.

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
10-27-2003, 02:25 PM
There's another CCB Tourney??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm planning on playing in the Amateur event so....

runout1961
10-27-2003, 03:04 PM
Well what about Drexelline(spelled right?) Billiards? I never been there but i know it is in Drexel Hill, PA, not too far from the expo. Not sure of the equipment. I'm just looking for a way to meet up with all of you and put some faces on these great words of wisdom we've all been sharing. Well bye for now.
A1C John J. Ehle
Firefighter, USAF

Barbara
10-27-2003, 03:17 PM
Drexeline is a great room and the RO keeps his equipment in great shape.

It's about 30 minutes from the Expo, but to get there you have to take I476 South (commonly known as the Blue Route)which was deemed an inadequate highway before it was even finished. It could be moving or it could be a parking lot.

Barbara

CarolNYC
10-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Well, we could all just go to YOUR house!
ha ha ha ha ha
Carol

Barbara
10-27-2003, 04:11 PM
I don't think so... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Besides, I only have one table...

Barbarab

nAz
10-27-2003, 04:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Well, we could all just go to YOUR house!
ha ha ha ha ha
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

ewwwww can i come too??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It might be hard to find a PH to play at most of them will probably run some kind of late nite tourney for all the convention goers like the last time i went.
would be cool if there was a CCB tourney though.

dg-in-centralpa
10-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Sounds like a great idea, but I'll be in the amateur tournament. Maybe we could meet for a few drinks. Possibly in someone's room? If I can get a room at the convention center, we can use my room. No problem.

DG - anxiously waiting for VF

Big_Jon
10-29-2003, 11:05 AM
umm... why don't you go down 95 to philly, i've been to Willie Mosconi's golden cue on oregon ave, a few blocks from broad st. it's an ok place, they have a billiard table from what i remember, and around 10 old brunswicks that play really fast... and there is broad st. billiards, and countless others, it just seemed weird that nobody mentioned philly, that's where i stayed for last's years expo...

Thanks

Jon

P.S. and also on oregon ave... Tony Luke's, the best philly steaks in the world... unbeatable...

Scott Lee
10-29-2003, 12:19 PM
Geez Bob, and I didn't even recognize ya. LOL That whole day was a blur. I drove all night from Chicago, and taught from 2pm til 9pm...and then hit JR's party at the Expo for a couple hours. Rack EM is okay, but like was mentioned, they have late night tournies during the Expo. A better place might be Mickey's D&amp;D Billiards, in Downingtown (also 15-20 minutes from the Expo). I've given lessons there too, and although he only has 8 tables, they are GC's in very good condition. Mickey posts here as Houseman, and has always been very kind to me.

Scott

Barbara
10-29-2003, 05:29 PM
Jon,

Philly is about 45 minutes away and you have to take the Schyulkill (pronounced Skoo-kill) expressway which is also affectionaltely known as the "Sure-kill" expressway. It's a PITA and bumper to bumper almost all the time any more.

Besides, if they wanted to go to a PH in Philly, Tacony's the place to be.

Barbara

Barbara
10-29-2003, 05:33 PM
D&amp;D Family Billiards is good. And close! Better than trying to drive into Philly.

Party on, Scott.

Barbara