PDA

View Full Version : sign of the times

Qtec
10-28-2003, 10:42 AM
I saw this Oprh episode and could hardly believe what I saw.

Talk about exploiting children for money.

Should this be allowed?

Click this web page (http://www.oprah.com/relationships/relationships_content.jhtml?contentId=con_20030512 _childmodel.xml&section=Family&subsection=Parentin g) and then click 'view gallery'.

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
10-28-2003, 03:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> I saw this Oprh episode and could hardly believe what I saw.

Talk about exploiting children for money.

Should this be allowed? <hr /></blockquote>

I've heard of this. Yes it's sick.

Should it be allowed? I don't think there's any law against it.

Are these parents greedy fools? Absolutely. They know what they're doing and it's very dangerous and exploitative.

Why are you watching Oprah anyway? Because she doesn't like Dubya? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
10-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Why does this suprise you? There is much sickness in the world.

Kato

TomBrooklyn
10-28-2003, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>Should this be allowed?<hr /></blockquote>Yes, people should be allowed to do what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Parents should be allowed to raise they're children as they desire unless they are wildly unfit.
TomBk

eg8r
10-29-2003, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, people should be allowed to do what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else. <hr /></blockquote> I agree. However, I will say that this statement might be a bit premature. Wait until these kids grow up and start blaming their parents for poor parenting skills. Then what will we say???

This happens every day. Some man gets caught raping another person...His defense is that he was raped by his father when he was younger and he has been screwed up ever since. What happens, this guy goes into some therapy and is released with little punishment (jail time).

There is not enough self-responsibility, and too many people look to the government to solve their stupid little problems. If more parents would do their job parenting (what a thought, the parents could actually try and care about their children and their well-being) then I am sure we would be able to reduce the roll of DCF (a huge tax payer money pit). There are soooo many other instances in which parents are at fault and they are not accepting responsibility, and there are a million more people out there that are not accepting responsibility for their own actions (obesity, rape, drugs, crime, etc). They all want to pass the buck.

eg8r

slappinwolf
10-29-2003, 12:57 PM
sad,nasty,creepy

bluewolf
10-29-2003, 07:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Yes, people should be allowed to do what they want as long as they don't hurt anyone else. Parents should be allowed to raise they're children as they desire unless they are wildly unfit.
TomBk <hr /></blockquote>

Is this the way you would raise and treat your own kids, Tom? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Laura

Sid_Vicious
10-29-2003, 07:20 PM
I never really figured where I was involved with this subject except that I took a young pool student, so I'd appreciate it if my name would be removed from this new, less than admirable topic...sid

Qtec
10-29-2003, 09:40 PM
Done.

Q

Qtec
10-29-2003, 09:52 PM
I would say the parents in this case are wildly unfit.
There are enough dangers in the world for kids these days. Making your daughter a fantasy figure for dirty old men on the internet isnt going to make it any safer for her.

Do you think the parents would carry on with the website if they werent making any money?

Q

Qtec
10-29-2003, 10:14 PM
The fact is eg8r, if your parents were violent, chances are , you will be violent. The same goes for abuse and racism.
Some parents have no idea how to teach their kids at all! Instead of producing a well balanced child, they make a mess of it and susequently, the child is a mess.
Its easy to mess up a kids mind simply by being inconsistent.
All parents should first learn how to be a parent before they have children. It should be taught at school.
Q