PDA

View Full Version : Differences in Simonis

Greg in VA
10-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Does anyone have any input if Simonis 860 has any differences as far as playing speed between the different colors. I remember watching the dual matches on ESPN when the women played on blue and the men used green and the matches were conducted side by side. To me it seemed that the mens table appeared to play faster.
I want to replace my green 860 with the blue in the future, but not if the blue cloth playes slower. Anyones experience would be welcomed! Greg

koolcuedude
10-28-2003, 12:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Greg in VA:</font><hr> Does anyone have any input if Simonis 860 has any differences as far as playing speed between the different colors. I remember watching the dual matches on ESPN when the women played on blue and the men used green and the matches were conducted side by side. To me it seemed that the mens table appeared to play faster.
I want to replace my green 860 with the blue in the future, but not if the blue cloth playes slower. Anyones experience would be welcomed! Greg <hr /></blockquote>

They are all the same speed.

The Rhino Chaser
10-28-2003, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure what all colors are avilable for 760. But it plays faster than the 860 version.

Chris Cass
10-28-2003, 12:16 PM
Greg,

Your a riot. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I really enjoyed you at the U.S. Open.

For those who take this seriously. A table is as fast as how tight you stretch the fabric while using the same cloth. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greg in VA
10-28-2003, 01:37 PM
Sorry Chris, but I wasn't there. You must have me confused with someone else. Thanks for the responce tho........ Greg

david
10-28-2003, 01:57 PM
I have played on both side by side and I couldn't see a difference in speeds. I do know for a fact that the blue is much, much harder to keep clean.

pooldaddy9
10-28-2003, 09:51 PM
COLOR does not matter, but the 760 is much faster than the 860...........

jjinfla
10-29-2003, 07:34 AM
Give Simonis a call.

Chris in NC
10-29-2003, 04:18 PM
You know that is amazing, but it is indeed true. Blue chalk marks for some reason show up much, much less on Simonis green than they do on the powder blue, electric blue or their marine blue - even though all 3 of those colors come much closer to matching the color of the blue master chalk. That is just another reason why Simonis green is the hands down best color for a table IMO. - Chris in NC

Brian in VA
10-30-2003, 11:59 AM
I think he meant me Greg. Glad you like my off-center brand of humor Chris!

I been too busy to even make it to the board lately. Hope everyone is well!

Brian in VA