PDA

View Full Version : CCB Blackheart Cue Test Drive

Kato
10-28-2003, 09:21 PM
The specs

1)The Q is 58-1/4" long from bumper to tip.
2) The shaft is 29-1/4" from tip to end of joint. It has a water buffalo tip & a thermoplastic 1-1/4" ferrule(similar to, but tougher than Meucci uses). The shaft itself is made up of 20 layers of maple veneer, glued together(plywood style).
3) The joint screw(i hate the term "pin") is 3/8-10 stainless steel.
4) The balance point is about an inch above the wrap.

It was brought up in a previous post that this cue wasn't made specifically for me..........well it might has well have been /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

First thing I noticed was that the cue slid very easily through my hands and the cue ball action was superb. The second thing I noticed was that I was really having a great time with it.

Jerry told me it was easy to draw the ball using his cue and that people enjoyed it. Well Jerry didn't tell you the whole truth. This cue is ridiculously easy to play with. Really easy to move the cue ball around, pockets balls very easily and was an absolute joy to play with this evening.

Can I compare it to my Omen? Not really. Different tapers, different tips, different pins, different shafts, different weight distribution. The only thing I can compare them is on construction and they are both perfect. My buddy Jim builds cues with Dennis Searing and he told me without hitting a ball that the cue was constructed beautifully and I should be proud to own it. Well Jerry, I am proud to own it. I let 4 people hit balls with it tonight and to a man they enjoyed it.

Instead of my next purchase being an Omen Ghost I'm going to buy a Justis 3X5 so I can house both cues and play with both on demand.

Kato

Kato
10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
If you have any questions I'll be happy to try to answer them. Please understand that I'm not an expert but I'll try hard.

Kato

cueball1950
10-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Well RJ you have sold me. My next cue must be a blackheart Cue. Now to convince the wife..lol...Glad you are enjoying the cue...Are you going to DCC in january?........mike

CarolNYC
10-29-2003, 04:17 AM
RJ,
Congratulations!
This is GREAT!I cant wait!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
10-29-2003, 05:04 AM
I'm happy to hear you like the cue. I thought you would. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know some one else who is anxiously awaiting a Blackheart cue. I'm sure that person is bouncing off the wall in anticipation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, Jack makes a 3x6, not a 3x5. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

griffith_d
10-29-2003, 06:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> I'm happy to hear you like the cue. I thought you would. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know some one else who is anxiously awaiting a Blackheart cue. I'm sure that person is bouncing off the wall in anticipation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BTW, Jack makes a 3x6, not a 3x5. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I am not sure if you mean me,..but I got my Blackheart two weeks ago. I got a solid Cocobolo forearm and butt with a stained black handle, no wrap. It is beautiful. I am a Cocobolo nut and Jerry picked a very nice piece. It is bright, but not too bright. I have seen darker shades, as Cocobolo varies greatly.

It has white rings on each end of the handle. I had a black joint collar put on. The finish is superb.

Straight from the bubble wrap, I broke and made three!! It is a very solid hitting cue, with a flat faced wood-to-wood joint. It tightens up and stops instantly when putting the cue together. It is 19.5 oz., buffalo tip and 1 1/2 inch ferrule.

This will be a cue that I will never sell. Thanks Jerry, you did a great job!! I put you on my website, not that that will get you any business,...but some look at it.

Griff

eg8r
10-29-2003, 07:04 AM
Congrats on the cue Kato. Sounds like a great cue. If you don't mind, if I ever make it down there, I would like to shoot a couple shots and check it out. I have been mulling over buying a new cue for about a year (really, really, really want a Scruggs) and it would be nice to check out the Blackheart before I do make a purchase.

eg8r

Kato
10-29-2003, 07:14 AM
I told Jerry I'd let anybody hit balls with it that wouldn't beat it up. Come one come all.

Kato

Kato
10-29-2003, 07:30 AM
I won't be at DDC or Valley Forge. I'll be out of the public eye until next years CCB tourny /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif In 2 years I will be hitting everything hopefully, maybe even Vegas /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif to see my boys Eric, Cassman, and Fred run the show.

Like alot of other people I'll just wait for the stories.

Kato

Rich R.
10-29-2003, 08:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote griffith_d:</font><hr>I am not sure if you mean me,..but I got my Blackheart two weeks ago. <hr /></blockquote>
Sorry Griff, I wasn't thinking of you. But I am still happy you received, and liked, your Blackheart cue.

CarolNYC
10-30-2003, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I know some one else who is anxiously awaiting a Blackheart cue. I'm sure that person is bouncing off the wall in anticipation <hr /></blockquote>

BING,BING,BING, Ricochet Rabbit! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kato
10-30-2003, 07:50 AM
Oh Carol you are going to be so very excited. Jerry's cue play jam up baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Kato

CarolNYC
10-30-2003, 04:02 PM
Im already excited for you!
Ya know what they say:
"Good things come to those who wait!"
Carol~knows Kato is playing JAM-UP! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif