PDA

View Full Version : GDP growth surges 7.2%

eg8r
10-30-2003, 09:47 AM
More good news for the economy.... CNN Article (http://money.cnn.com/2003/10/30/news/economy/gdp/index.htm?cnn=yes)

[ QUOTE ]
Gross domestic product (GDP), the broadest measure of economic activity, grew at a 7.2 percent annual rate in the quarter after growing at a 3.3 percent rate in the second quarter, the Commerce Department reported. Economists, on average, expected GDP growth of 6 percent, according to Briefing.com. ......
The burst of GDP growth was led by a 6.6 percent growth rate in consumer spending, the fastest pace since 1988. Consumer spending grew at a 3.8 percent pace in the second quarter. <hr /></blockquote>

Here is a great quote from the article.... [ QUOTE ]
Child tax credit checks and lower rates of income tax withholding helped fuel the third-quarter spending surge, enabling the Bush administration -- which pushed for tax cuts earlier this year -- to take a victory lap Thursday morning.

<hr /></blockquote> Here is a not-so-good quote, however it still shows strong growth.... [ QUOTE ]
Many economists expect the impact of the tax cuts to fade in the fourth quarter, and the cash flow from mortgage refinancings, another boon to third-quarter economic growth, is expected to diminish as well. As a result, most economists expect a slower pace of GDP growth, about 4 percent, in the fourth quarter. <hr /></blockquote> Another not-so-good quote from article.... [ QUOTE ]
In fact, during a quarter with the strongest growth rate since 1984, non-farm payrolls shed a total of 41,000 jobs, according to Labor Department statistics, in part because of strong productivity growth, which enables companies to get more work out of fewer workers.

But job growth is typically a lagging economic indicator, and most economists hope that continued strong demand will eventually catch up with the recent gains in productivity and lead to sustained job growth.

"Since no new jobs were generated in the third quarter, the growth story is entirely based on productivity," said Bill Cheney, chief economist at John Hancock Financial Services in Boston. "The good news for workers is that productivity growth cannot continue at this pace. Demand will translate into jobs very soon, and in fact I think it's happening right now."

"But that's still largely a hope, not a certainty," Cheney added.
<hr /></blockquote> Overall, this article shows some good headway being made. It is good to see people getting to keep more of the money they earn and spending it on things they need.

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
10-30-2003, 10:28 AM
You beat me to it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Here's some more good news:

http://www.celeb-movies.net/gallery.php?group=Britney%20Esquire%20pics

Cueless Joey
10-30-2003, 01:12 PM
Sales tax and income tax revenue is also up in California.
That should help Governor Arnold clean up Davis' mess.

nAz
10-30-2003, 02:20 PM
well that does seem like good news , I hope things get even better.

"Child tax credit checks and lower rates of income tax withholding helped fuel the third-quarter spending surge, enabling the Bush administration -- which pushed for tax cuts earlier this year -- to take a victory lap Thursday morning."

I hope my grand kids don't get too pissed at me when they have to pay all this back plus intrest.

Kato
10-30-2003, 02:44 PM
Hey Wally, you old pervert, that is good news!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato

Qtec
10-31-2003, 03:25 AM
I bet you coudnt wait to post this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Check this out.Denmark pays 4 times as much for its gas than Americans do.

Scroll down and check Inernational Prices.

web page (http://www.aaireland.ie/petrolprices/)

Q

cheesemouse
10-31-2003, 04:51 AM
eg8r,

I'm glad to see Clinton's fisical policy's are finally taking effect.....:) I notice you don't give him any credit, why is that?

Qtec
10-31-2003, 05:01 AM
Yeah, why is that eg8r?
Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
10-31-2003, 06:51 AM
Hey Cheese, in a effort to be sarcastic, you ended up being hypocritical. Great job. Oh, to answer your question...I have given Clinton plenty of credit for his policy, take a look at the recession we were in at the beginning of W's term. The entire economy went down the toilet during Clinton's presidency. How much more credit do you think he deserves??

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2003, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check this out.Denmark pays 4 times as much for its gas than Americans do. <hr /></blockquote> So what!!!! That has nothing to do with the subject matter of this thread.

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2003, 06:58 AM
Oh my poor little Q, don't you worry your little heart. I answered him.

eg8r

Qtec
10-31-2003, 07:36 AM
No you didnt!

Your logic dictates that if the economy is doing well its because of Rep policies, if its doing badly its a result of Dem policies REGARDLESS of who is in the Whitehouse.

Am I close?
Q

Wally_in_Cincy
10-31-2003, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Hey Wally, you old pervert, that is good news!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato <hr /></blockquote>

I need to go search for some more Anna K. Pics. I'll be back later /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-31-2003, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr>
if the economy is doing well its because of Rep policies,

if its doing badly its a result of Dem policies <hr /></blockquote>

BINGO !!!!!!

You're starting to come around my leftist friend /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The economy does well because of Reps

The economy does well in spite of the Dems wrong-headed policies /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheesemouse
10-31-2003, 07:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Hey Cheese, in a effort to be sarcastic, you ended up being hypocritical. Great job. Oh, to answer your question...I have given Clinton plenty of credit for his policy, take a look at the recession we were in at the beginning of W's term. The entire economy went down the toilet during Clinton's presidency. How much more credit do you think he deserves??

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r,

Your correct...Geez, that was hard to type...I was using sarcasism not point out my own hypocrisy, which I willingly admit, but to point out your miraculous ability to not recognize your own stupefying hypocrisy.

Your willingness to see my hypocrisy and not your own is an indication of the paralyzed nature of your thought processes...if you were a neon sign blinking away in the night it would read...I AM AN ADVOCATE...YEP, JUST AN ADVOCATE...your harpings for GW lack the tone of sincerity because they are derived from ideology alone not an interest in seeking enlightenment.

While I enjoy bantering back and forth I have your wailings put in the same catagory as that of the carnival barker singing out "COME ONE COME ALL.....SEE THE FAT LADY...SEE THE TWO HEADED SNAKE...SEE THE 'X' PRESIDENT BUSH BALANCE THE BUGET WITH A POCKET CALCULATOR THAT HAS NO BATTERYS....YES, FOLKS IT IS AMAZZZZZZZZZING...

eg8r, I do not take you seriously...I didn't place you in that catagory you placed yourself there...

eg8r
10-31-2003, 08:14 AM
I was not being hypocritical...Read the rest of the paragraph...I gave Clinton plenty of credit and I have in the past. He got all the credit for the economy that collapsed while he was in control. He then got full credit for handing that off to Bush.

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2003, 08:18 AM
No you are not close. When are you going to try????

Forget rep vs dem and answer this question? What happened to the economy near the last year of 2 of Clinton???? Was it booming or destructing???

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2003, 08:19 AM
LOL, make sure to add NWS if applicable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

cheesemouse
10-31-2003, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> I was not being hypocritical...Read the rest of the paragraph...I gave Clinton plenty of credit and I have in the past. He got all the credit for the economy that collapsed while he was in control. He then got full credit for handing that off to Bush.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Dear Mr Just.A Advocate,

I rest my case... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-31-2003, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> LOL, make sure to add NWS if applicable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

http://www.caras.uol.com.ar/galeria/images/ellas/a/anna_kournikova_03-ch.jpg

http://www.posternow.com/k/k2898.jpg

what do nws stand for?

eg8r
10-31-2003, 11:01 AM
Not Work Safe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Kato
10-31-2003, 11:18 AM
You rule!!!!!!!!!!!! Wally for President!!!!!!!!!!

Kato~~~for Vice President? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

nAz
10-31-2003, 01:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> You rule!!!!!!!!!!!! Wally for President!!!!!!!!!!

Kato~~~for Vice President? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

hmm maybe between the two of you running things we could have a real recovery not just a jobless one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
11-07-2003, 12:11 PM
As much as it pains CNN to report good news for the economy, here is another article (http://money.cnn.com/2003/11/07/news/economy/jobs/index.htm?cnn=yes) . I hope this all keeps going. Given the current crop of Dems (all fall well below Bush in polls) and the economy starting to come back, Bush has a great chance for another 4 years.

[ QUOTE ]
Unemployment fell to 6.0 from 6.1 percent in September, the Labor Department reported, while payrolls outside the farm sector rose by 126,000 jobs after rising by a revised 125,000 in September.

<hr /></blockquote> Another 126,000 coming back to work. There is still a lot of work to do, but at least the economy appears to be heading in the right direction.

eg8r