PDA

View Full Version : practice time

The Rhino Chaser
10-30-2003, 12:11 PM
I was just wondering how much everyone practices? How much of your practice time is devoted to drills? For the record I practice not at all. If I do decide to pratice it lasts for 15 minutes and then I just start banging balls.

tateuts
10-30-2003, 01:10 PM
I only get out to play once a week, so what I'll do is play at home in practice for an hour or two a day, 3 or 4 times a week. Anthing longer than about two hours and I start to get sloppy. If I miss a shot or a safe, I'll practice it for awhile until I have it right.

If I go through 10 or so racks of nine ball without missing, then I pretty much just quit and go do something else, or I might work on safety play, kick shots, my break, jump shots, or bank shots.

Chris

Sid_Vicious
10-30-2003, 08:23 PM
"If I go through 10 or so racks of nine ball without missing, then I pretty much just quit"

I'd pretty much just hit the road and hustle! That's a hellova ending note of practice in my book, I'll tell ya! sid

JimS
10-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Now that my interest has been revived I'm practicing about 1 hour to 2 hours a day.I used to spend from 2 to 6 hours a day but got sorta burnt out at that level....sorta /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I spend all that time doing drills....that's what Coach has always recommended....that's what Mark Wilson says in BD too. It's the stroke that needs practice. Aim will improve AS the stroke gets better. I believe'm both so I do it! If you want to improve get a teacher and DO what they say to do.