PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Formal Attire

jjinfla
10-30-2003, 03:53 PM
I was looking at the Spiritour flyer for their final tournament of the year Nov 14-16 at Capone's and see the dress code stipulates "Semi-formal attire".

Gee, how can they get any better than they already are?

Jake

koolcuedude
10-30-2003, 04:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote jjinfla:</font><hr> I was looking at the Spiritour flyer for their final tournament of the year Nov 14-16 at Capone's and see the dress code stipulates "Semi-formal attire".

Gee, how can they get any better than they already are?

Jake <hr /></blockquote>

What is semi formal, how do you dress for that?

cycopath
10-30-2003, 04:22 PM
http://www.thecostumer.com/upload/shirt_tuxedo.jpg

tateuts
10-30-2003, 05:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> http://www.thecostumer.com/upload/shirt_tuxedo.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

No...

Semi-formal means coat and tie for men, either suit or sports coat. I would imagine they will let you take off your coat.

Very old fashioned.

Chris

Barbara
10-30-2003, 05:35 PM
Jake,

Semi-formal attire for women means dresses or dressy slacks.

Of course, you can always upgrade the dress code to formal and wear a tuxedo!

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
10-31-2003, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Jake,

Semi-formal attire for women means dresses or dressy slacks.

Of course, you can always upgrade the dress code to formal and wear a tuxedo!

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Was it Minnesota Fats who said putting a tuxedo on a pool player was like putting whipped cream on a turd? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

jjinfla
10-31-2003, 07:57 AM
Barbara,

The women in the Spiritour are always dressed nice and pleasing to the eye. They clean up very nicely. Whereas the men, well let's just say Wally is right. LOL

Jake

Barbara
10-31-2003, 08:07 AM
Jake,

I also have a dress code for JPNEWT. And Gina Lipsky is my dress code cop!

It kind of psyches the women up to dress up nicely and play pool. It makes you feel like you're putting on a show.

Barbara

SPetty
10-31-2003, 12:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> It kind of psyches the women up to dress up nicely and play pool. It makes you feel like you're putting on a show.<hr /></blockquote>The dress code on the Hunter tour is more casual, nice jeans and tennis shoes are O.K. It makes you feel like you're playing pool! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Scott Lee
10-31-2003, 01:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> [No...

Semi-formal means coat and tie for men, either suit or sports coat. I would imagine they will let you take off your coat.

Very old fashioned.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

I disagree Chris. I am PAID as a professional, and I am going to LOOK like a professional. Anytime I am performing and/or teaching, I am wearing dress slacks, sport coat &amp; tie, and shined shoes (the exception here, is when I am teaching private or informal group lessons or clinics). I do NOT take my coat off...although I wouldn't object to that for others. Many times players ask me, "How can you PLAY in a coat &amp; tie?" I tell them, "How can you NOT play in a coat &amp; tie? If you can play, you should be able to play the same whether you're in a tux or butt naked!" LOL
JMO

Scott Lee ~ believes in the slogan, "Dress for Success"

SPetty
10-31-2003, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>"If you can play, you should be able to play the same whether you're in a tux or butt naked!"<hr /></blockquote>You know this from experience? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif JK

Kato
10-31-2003, 01:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr>(the exception here, is when I am teaching private or informal group lessons or clinics).
Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

I was gonna say I got ripped off. Course I think I woulda felt kinda funny if you came in a tie.

Kato~~~very comfy in Italian dress shoes, Italian slacks, and linen shirt today, but I'd never play pool in these shoes, to slippery. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tateuts
10-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Nothing wrong with being a little old fashioned.

When you coming out to Burbank? I would like to get together for a lesson.

Chris

jjinfla
10-31-2003, 07:26 PM
This will be the season finale for the Spiritour so I am sure they want to spruce it up a bit.

Would that latest outfit that Jeanette Lee wore on TV be formal or semi-formal? Pg 95 of BD. I take it she wore it in the soap opera she was in.
Jake

Scott Lee
11-01-2003, 11:25 AM
Chris...I'll be in S. CA in two weeks. Email or PM your phone number!

Scott Lee

Qtec
11-01-2003, 11:57 AM
I hate dress codes.

What if I am an Arab? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Q

tateuts
11-01-2003, 12:11 PM
Scott,

Check your e-mail and let me know - and bring that coat and tie.

Chris

#### leonard
11-01-2003, 12:25 PM
Wally it was Whipped Cream on a Hot Dog. Of course Gladys has a picture of me playing in a Tux. I thought I made a handsome figure in my evening suit.####

Voodoo Daddy
11-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Semi-Formal to me means a Big Daddy T-shirt without a stain on it...HAHAHAHAHA

Voodoo~~~~is the farthest thing from formal, semi or otherwise

Aboo
11-02-2003, 10:22 PM
I personally like to look good while I shoot pool. Some days that takes more work than others though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

But if you think about it, who would you rather ask for a game, especially if you were new to it? Paul Newman, or that kid he was with in CoM?

For a long, long time, if you didn't wear a coat and tie in public venues, you were considered a bum, and probably weren't allowed in. Now, they let in anyone with the ticket price... not a BAD thing... But they could be a little more choosy about who they let in the place I play! LOL

I matched up with a guy after league the other night, and there was a group of guys in the corner letting out whoops and screams at random times every 5 minutes or so... drunk and banging balls around. We had to postpone until the next day, no way to concentrate with all that racket.