PDA

View Full Version : CCB on Inside Pool !!!

9 Ball Girl
10-30-2003, 09:51 PM
Well, we made it! We're in the November issue of Inside Pool. The group picture is in there, along with 3 other individual shots. I won't tell you who they are. You can download the issue from www.insidepool.com (http://www.insidepool.com)

Just a couple of excerpts:

For R.J. "Kato" Benoit, it was up to a couple of his partners to make him look good, as he went on to win the points title and take home the best prizes."

They brought their 11 year old son, Christ, and he made Kato look pretty good. The pint-sized "Spike" packs a wonderful stroke and seemed to be everyone's most coveted partner."

Wendy<--- /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Deniel
10-30-2003, 10:24 PM
All I can say is
It's about freaking time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-31-2003, 04:46 AM
I love it. And such prominent placement of the article, in the middle of the U.S. Open coverage. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Many thanks to Sally, for making this happen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Fred Agnir
10-31-2003, 07:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Well, we made it! We're in the November issue of Inside Pool. The group picture is in there, along with 3 other individual shots. I won't tell you who they are. You can download the issue from www.insidepool.com (http://www.insidepool.com)

Just a couple of excerpts:

For R.J. "Kato" Benoit, it was up to a couple of his partners to make him look good, as he went on to win the points title and take home the best prizes."

They brought their 11 year old son, Christ, and he made Kato look pretty good. The pint-sized "Spike" packs a wonderful stroke and seemed to be everyone's most coveted partner."

Wendy&lt;--- /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote> I wonder how many people will think that the picture under Spike must fittingly be "Kato."

Fred &lt;~~~ has been called "Kato" many times.

Rich R.
10-31-2003, 08:55 AM
Kato, hmmmmmm, I mean Fred, will you autograph my issue? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
10-31-2003, 09:05 AM
I subscribed to Inside Pool 6 weeks ago. What are the odds of me getting this issue /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hey Sally, a little help here please. You've already charged my credit card /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sally
10-31-2003, 10:10 AM
Wally,

When you subscribed, I hope that whoever took your order told you that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get your first issue. If you don't receive November's issue, which you should, please call the office at 888-428-7665 and the office staff will get things sorted out.

Sally

Sally
10-31-2003, 10:13 AM
I'm so glad you like it! Paul said that he enjoyed himself immensely while he was covering it, and kudos to him for writing such a nice article.

You're right - it was about time!

Kato
10-31-2003, 10:24 AM
Hey Sally, hope you turned mine in. I won a subscription at the tournament. I hope I get this one. I was going to "re-new" immediately after I received my first.

I was actually sent the article right after he wrote it. I am officially a laughing stock in the pool world /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I informed him that I didn't play that badly even though I was a little wasted.

I don't think his opinion changed. Forget it, who am I kidding? I must have just been lucky that day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~living in infamy in the pool world.

PS. I wish I could get that one as my subscription hasn't come in yet. Hope I can buy it somewhere.

Wally_in_Cincy
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sally:</font><hr> Wally,

When you subscribed, I hope that whoever took your order told you that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get your first issue. If you don't receive November's issue, which you should, please call the office at 888-428-7665 and the office staff will get things sorted out.

Sally <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you kindly Miss Sally /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-31-2003, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> I informed him that I didn't play that badly even though I was a little wasted.<hr /></blockquote>A little?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>I don't think his opinion changed. Forget it, who am I kidding? I must have just been lucky that day /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Lucky because of how you played or lucky because of the partners you wound up with? Teehee

Wendy&lt;---loved being Kato's partner!

Wally_in_Cincy
10-31-2003, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
Wendy&lt;---loved being Kato's partner! <hr /></blockquote>

You were probably playing grab-ass the whole match /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

poor guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

UWPoolGod
10-31-2003, 12:48 PM
LOL @ Wally

HAHAHAHA

9 Ball Girl
10-31-2003, 03:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>
Wendy&lt;---loved being Kato's partner! <hr /></blockquote>

You were probably playing grab-ass the whole match /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

poor guy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>I was a good girl. Matter of fact, it was my a$$ that got pinched because somebody was wasted! But I forgive him 'cause I love him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
10-31-2003, 03:05 PM
Real nice.

If you register on the Inside Pool website, you can download the current issue of "Inside Pool" and previous issues....

Not sure if this was the intent of registering for the site, but I must admit, it's a GREAT bonus.

You have to have an UN-Zip program to extract the issue from the Zipped file.

Great article of CCB embedded right in the middle of the US Open coverage.

Who is that guy SactownTom?

Tom_In_Cincy
10-31-2003, 03:08 PM
Only when the lights went out... LOL

JimS
10-31-2003, 06:22 PM
Has the November issue been mailed? I haven't recieved mine. And while we're on the subject. I'm missing the June July and August issues from this year. I'll be darned if I can figure out what happened to them. I went to Inide pool web site but they don't have them. Is there anyplace else you can think of to get back issues? Guess not.

jjinfla
10-31-2003, 07:13 PM
I haven't received mine yet either. But that's okay I just finished the October issue and am working on the Nov Billiards Digest Issue.

I was amazed at the quality in the October Issue. How are you able to cover all those events and get all those pictures? Must cost a bundle. You must have spies everywhere. If only our homeland security could be so good. Maybe you can add the Spiritour to your rankings.

Jake

Rich R.
11-01-2003, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Has the November issue been mailed? I haven't recieved mine. And while we're on the subject. I'm missing the June July and August issues from this year. I'll be darned if I can figure out what happened to them. I went to Inide pool web site but they don't have them. Is there anyplace else you can think of to get back issues? Guess not. <hr /></blockquote>
Jim, if you have missed that many issues,
you may be in the same situation as I was a while back. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
My subscription ran out and I never new it.
For some reason, InsidePool decided not to send out renewals in the mail and they are calling people to renew the magazine subscriptions. However, they did not have a phone number for me, so my subscription ran out and I was unaware of it, until I missed a few issues.

I recommend you call InsidePool at 1-888-428-7665 and check on your subscription.

JimS
11-01-2003, 06:17 AM
Thanks Rich...but....Ithink it was my fault. I have the Sept &amp; Oct issues. It does bumm me out 'cause I had all the issues from #1 on. Can't imagine what happened to those summer ones. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9 Ball Girl
11-01-2003, 09:57 AM
I don't know if the November issues went out, I don't have mine yet. I just happen to know that it was downloadable because I'm registered with the site and they send me an email whenever the latest issue is available for download. I already knew from when I was in Virginia that we were going to be pictured in the November issue so I was on the lookout for it.

Scott Lee
11-01-2003, 10:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote JimS:</font><hr> Thanks Rich...but....Ithink it was my fault. I have the Sept &amp; Oct issues. It does bumm me out 'cause I had all the issues from #1 on. Can't imagine what happened to those summer ones. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Jim...I just talked with Inside Pool a last week to renew my own subscription. They are only publishing 10 issues a year, instead of 12. The summer issues are bi-monthly,
so it was May-June, and July-August.

Scott