PDA

View Full Version : Refinishing Scruggs cue

UWPoolGod
10-31-2003, 09:14 AM
Now that I have my new cue I am not going to be shooting with my beat up Scruggs sneaky anymore. I was just wondering about what happens on refinishing. Playing in bar tourneys with tables three feet aparts has put numerous dings/scratches/chips in the finish coat. Now those area, especially on the light colored wood, have tured blue. When he sands off the finish coat, how much will have have to take the butt/shaft down to get rid of the blue? Probably not very much...but was just thinking about it this morning.

tateuts
10-31-2003, 10:45 AM
I hope you have Scott at Proficient do it. They are reasonable ($75) do first rate work, and can can get it back to you in two weeks. It will be just like new again.

Your Scruggs Pete is now a collectible. Tim doesn't make them anymore and they resell for a relatively high value.
Here's a current auction on E-Bay - already over $500 for a Sneaky Pete!

Scruggs Pete on E-Bay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3633718207&category=21 212)

Just look at those bids and these guys fighting over a sneaky pete! Scruggs is one of the "greats".

Chris

UWPoolGod
10-31-2003, 11:28 AM
Yeah I always go on ebay and check out if there are pete's by Tim on there. That one is way better than mine with two shafts and joint collars. I'll hang onto it because of the fact, but need to get it reworked since I beat it to death playing bar pool. Stupid metal pocket stick ups on 7footers scraped the finish on most of my side breaks. Dumb.