PDA

View Full Version : Need help in identifying a cue.

cycopath
10-31-2003, 03:47 PM
A guy told me it was a David Barber. I know who Barber is but I've never seen his work in person. The Blue Book Of Cue Values says in 1990 he went to a "DB" on the butt cap.

All the identifying features I can find on the web are he has signed inbetween the points and he puts a "DB" on the butt. But it is drawn on in the pic I found.

Anyway does anyone here recognize the butt cap?

http://cyco.xsintrk.net/pics/cue/dbbutt.jpg

dg-in-centralpa
10-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Cyco - according to the Blue Book 2nd edition, Barber's initials were cut into the butt cap. This looks like it could be, but I would send pics to Barber himself for positive verification. Here is his address and phone number as printed in the 2nd edition.
DG - Good Luck

David Barber
21713 Saucier/Lizana Rd.
Saucier,MS 39574
228-831-8738

tateuts
10-31-2003, 04:21 PM
The only Barber logo I've ever seen was a primitive looking DB in handwriting. I don't recognize the buttcap either. Is the cue high quality? Maybe it was a players initials.

Chris

cycopath
10-31-2003, 04:29 PM
It is nice quality, that's why I'm investigating this cue. The joint and shaft meet really nicely. Nice stitching. The shaft is a real nice grade of white maple.

Bob C
10-31-2003, 04:29 PM
I theorize that it is a house cue from Dave & Buster's or a cue previously owned by David Blaine, Dick Butkus or possibly Demi & Bruce.

tateuts
10-31-2003, 05:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob C:</font><hr> I theorize that it is a house cue from Dave &amp; Buster's or a cue previously owned by David Blaine, Dick Butkus or possibly Demi &amp; Bruce. <hr /></blockquote>

Or, just some Dumb Bast*rd.

Chris

cycopath
10-31-2003, 06:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Bob C:</font><hr>or a cue previously owned by David Blaine<hr /></blockquote>

Or, just some Dumb Bast*rd.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

Then I should own this cue.

P.S. David Blaine is the devil.