PDA

View Full Version : My favorite tv shows.

Cueless Joey
10-31-2003, 04:08 PM
American Chopper- I don't know why but this show captivates me. The father is a pompous azzhole, pretty abusive and has issues. But, in the end Paulie Jr. makes a nice bike.
House Hunters- Another "reality" show. People looking for a house and usually ends up buying a nice one. I just bought a house so I can identify with them.
Designer/Landscaper Challenge- Nothing like a before and after makeover.
The Practice- The new one without Bobby and ex-wife, has more life. Funny at times, mesmerizing and intriguing. Great writing albeit not very realistic.
I don't really watch anything else besides sports and the usual 30-minute sitcoms like Raymond, Friends, Lopez Show etc. and of course, the Entertainment/Extra crap and Jeopardy. Gotta watch Jeopardy.

UWPoolGod
10-31-2003, 04:15 PM
Gotta love American Chopper. Used to watch it every week since there were no pool tourneys in the area on that day. Super funny to watch em argue all the time. Gotta love dads facial hair too...can they have some bigger arms? Guess thats what happens when you tote around scrap metal and piping all day.

I have never been a real big "show" watcher. Maybe South Park or Howard Stern if I am flipping through the channels and it is on. Autopsy on HBO is cool also. Taxicab Confessions is always good for a laugh.

Voodoo Daddy
10-31-2003, 04:55 PM
I watch American Choppers too...not my favorite but it fills the void, I'd rather see more "Great Bike Build-off's" but I settle. As far as TV...I LOVE The Osbourne's, Horsepower TV and The Iron Chef. Yeah, yeah the cooking show....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

nAz
10-31-2003, 05:17 PM
those are good shows, i also watch "Mail call" Hoo Raa!!!

oh and Spiderman on MTV /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif and modern marvel and um err westwing /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

oh oh and HBO sunday night line up.

dg-in-centralpa
10-31-2003, 09:34 PM
My favorite recent shows are/were; Joe Millionaire, Howard Stern,and Son of the Beach.

DG - who's wife also loved Son of the Beach

Kato
11-01-2003, 10:27 AM
My favorite show of all time is "Sledgehammer". Sadly it was cancelled many moons ago and I can't find it on video or DVD. My second favorite show of all time is "Sports Night" which is on Friday mornings at 4 am on Comedy Channel. I watch American Chopper and like the show. I love Shark Week on Discovery, King of Queens, VH1 Classics, South Park and of course SportsCenter. I hope FX didn't cancel "Lucky", I really liked that show.

Kato

SPetty
11-01-2003, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> My favorite show of all time is "Sledgehammer".<hr /></blockquote>Hey, I was gonna say that (but I thought this was about current shows!)

Alan Spencer, the creator of the show, recently put all 41 episodes up for auction on VHS on eBay. Not cheap, but if you're a true fan...

You might enjoy SledgeHammerOnline.com, Alan Spencer's Sledge Hammer site. They have an active forum over there as well. It's surprising how many people really love this show. When I used to watch it, there was no one else I knew that even had heard of it. They're still trying to get the DVD going...

David Rasche is really one of the best actors ever!

Qtec
11-01-2003, 11:16 AM
Third rock from the sun.
Seinfield.
The Osbournes.[ Ozzy looks like the only normal person in the house!]

Best book by far is Catch 22. I love that book. I never get tired of reading it.

Maybe a subject for a new thread? Best 10 books?

Q

Anybody ever heard of Freddy Fender? Just wondering. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Q

Wally_in_Cincy
11-01-2003, 11:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Anybody ever heard of Freddy Fender? Just wondering. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Q
<hr /></blockquote>

I met him once. Why?

Qtec
11-01-2003, 11:51 AM
You must be an old fart Wally! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its my mother-in-law,s favourite singer!

Q
............I need to get out of here! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif