PDA

View Full Version : VCR Tape Lengths?

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2003, 11:46 AM
What is the general time that VCR tapes run when in SLP mode? The tapes come labeled 2/4/6, the 6 labeled as SLP, but I'm wondering if that's how it really works. Seems like mine may only have an SP & SLP mode, maybe 2 & 4 hours, not sure. Some of these football games run 4+ hours with OTs, so I need to know if my brother got all of a game last night with a SLP setting...sid

Sid

dg-in-centralpa
11-02-2003, 03:45 PM
I always thought that the slow speed would give you 6 hours. If you were taping the Arkansas/Kentucky game hopefully you got it all. That game ran almost 5 hours. It had 7 overtimes, 1000+ yards of total offense, and was a great game to watch. The final was 71 - 63 in favor of Arkansas.

DG - watched this game from the end of regulation thru the OT's

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Yea that was it! What a performance from both teams, tosses from Qtr backs being tackled which were caught for 2 Pt conversions over and over again. I'll look forward to having a few cold ones with the brother watching it again if his machine ran the full 6 hours...sid

dg-in-centralpa
11-02-2003, 07:42 PM
Sid - by the end of the game, the Kentucky QB was just walking after he took the snap. Everybody was so tired, I don't see how they could keep going. It was more than adrenaline. What a fantastic game. Glad I got to see the end.
DG - glad I wasn't playing in that game

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2003, 08:09 PM
I'm sure you saw the video replay(or maybe the original) of that Kentucky quarterback shouting over his shoulder to the crowd who was apparently leaving ahead of the OTs, him saying in his Kentucky drawl, "Where are y'all goin'! You're gonna miss a hell of a game!", and who knew that after seven overtime periods later, and all those unbelievable lifesaving plays, he was more than right. Hellova game was right...sid

dg-in-centralpa
11-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Sid - I saw the original. That was probably the best football game I'd seen in years. No one could have predicted that more than twice the amount of points would be scored in OT than in regulation. My a$$ was dragging this morning after watching that game.
DG

DG

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2003, 08:48 PM
"DG - watched this game from the end of regulation thru the OT's"

I missed your tag line before...I swapped channels during the 4th qtr not thinking I would be interested since Arkansas had it 24-7 back in the 3rd when I first found the game, and was inside a PPV I'd bought when it hit the first OT, heck with the movie! That is when I sat on the channel and never left. Sounds like you and I rode the same pony til it bucked UK off. Nobody lost that game, both winners. Thanks for the handshakes on this one! sid

Kato
11-02-2003, 09:01 PM
What a mistake I made there huh? I turned the game on, saw Arkansas (usually a dead offensive team. Of course I didn't take into account that Kentucky can't stop anyone) and changed the channel when it was 7-0 or something. Damn DirecTV, too much football on Saturday's.

Kato

Cueless Joey
11-03-2003, 12:49 PM
T120 is 120 minutes long on SP moded ( standard play)
240 minutes on LP and 6 hours on SLP (super long play).
Some VCR's might not have both SP and SLP speed.
~Sold tv and stereor a long time. Still remember BETAMAX~
VCR btw was invented by a man who worked for Memorex.
Memorex sold it to Sony. Sony had vhs and betamax. Betamax had a better picture so they sold the vhs format to JVC.
Yikes! Sony lost the market b/c they charged too much royalty for betamax.