PDA

View Full Version : The Bottle Routine For Stroke Refinement?

Sid_Vicious
11-02-2003, 01:32 PM
I've never used this method but always heard about it. Do you have to perch the bottle in any particular way or it simply laying on it's side? Any other details of the use of a bottle for stroke improvement is appreciated(including everything there is to the actual method)...sid

ras314
11-02-2003, 02:14 PM
I've tried it with the bottle just laying on the side. Propping it up will probably make it to high. Trouble is the shaft hits the mouth if you use much follow thru. Course I generaly used a long necked bud, which had to be empty first.

Can be real good pratice stroking the cue in the bottle whilst your head is turned away. Sort of helps develop the feel of closing the elbow without moving anything else. Besides, it seems to spook the opponent when you look him in the eyeball while he's talking at you and sink the ball at the same time. Tends to make them shut their trap.

JimS
11-03-2003, 08:25 AM
It seems that it couldn't hurt your student to try it at home...especially if he/she doesn't have a table available. Buddy Hall even has a gimmik to sell that is nothing more than a bottle neck but his is used in a tilted position. Maybe law a towel under the neck about 1" high?