PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Slope-Ashland,KY,Anson,TX to Patrick!

Vagabond
04-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Hello Mates,
There has been a gradual erosion of freedom in America and increasing number of people are increasingly becoming judgemental and controll freaks.They try to justify their actions with their self serving explanations.
City council has banned pool halls in Ashland,KY.One time in the past(till 1987 ?)city council of Anson( 25 miles east of Abbelene)Texas has banned any form of dancing(not even in high school graduation parties) in the city limits.City leaders felt that dancing is against their religious beliefs.Even though the ban was lifted in 1987? still the residual effects persist.Recently some one proposed banning Patrick.What harm did he do? Where does this lead to? Mates, this is a slippery slope to Dictatorialism or Totalitarianism or what ever name u want to give.Be cautious

Vagabond

Vagabond
04-15-2002, 02:43 PM
I hope that enough members read this before it is pushed to page i3
vagabond

Doctor_D
04-15-2002, 04:33 PM
Good afternoon:

It is indeed unfortunate when people become so self righteous that they have to lay their own fears and idiologies off on everyone else.

Fear, Pain and Suffering is required. Pleasure, and a good time being had by all, is forbiden. Scotty, PLEASE beam me up now!!!

Dr. D.

Rod
04-15-2002, 05:12 PM
Quote Dr.D., Scotty, PLEASE me up now!!!

Eh, Doc did you forget a word? Just kidding with you and I agree. I thought that was a good gesture by Vagabond.

Doctor_D
04-15-2002, 05:54 PM
Good evening:

Thanks for the heads up. Let's just chalk it up to another "Senior Moment" ...

Dr. D.

Gayle in MD
04-15-2002, 07:39 PM
Hi there,
Ashland Ky, just a few miles away from Grayson Ky, and a few more from Hitchins Ky, where my husband was born! I am surprised to read about the ban there, although, the last time I was there, they had to drive over to Ohio to have alcohol, as their county was dry. RE: Patrick.... I say live and let live. I read a quotation once that has always stayed with me, and wish I could remember who the author was, but it seems to me it was author unknown. It goes like this;
"If we could read the secret history of our enemys, we would find in each mans life, sorrow and suffering enough, to disarm all hostility."
Be Love friends,
Gayle in Md. Thinks patrick is OK...in his own special way.

Vagabond
04-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Hi mates,
Pool halls are permitted in Flatwood.Actually there are no clear boundary demarcations between Ashland and flatwood. Please note that I do not know the current laws.By the way I am neither from KY nor Texas.
Vagabond

Ralph S.
04-17-2002, 01:12 AM
Well said in your initial post for this thread. Like him or not, I think some people here are giving the guy a bum rapp too.
Ralph S.