PDA

View Full Version : Northern Lights again tonight

Paul_Mon
11-04-2003, 01:30 PM
According to the U.S. Dept. of Commerce, NOAA,
Space Environment Center and the U.S. Air Force.

Due to another series of massive solar flares there will be another opportunity to view the Northern Lights this evening. Find a place free of artifical light and enjoy the show.

Paul Mon

Rod
11-04-2003, 01:38 PM
Paul,

I have never seen them. Can they be viewed from Phoenix if I drive north out of town? Just curious if it would be easy to see out here.

Rod

Tom_In_Cincy
11-04-2003, 02:42 PM
Rod,
If I recall correctly, you must be as far north as Chicago or in your case.. maybe Salt Lake UTAH...

I remember seeing the Northern Lights, when I lived in Massachucetes

dg-in-centralpa
11-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Not a chance in my area - we're having light drizzle right now.

DG - still never saw the northern lights

Perk
11-05-2003, 07:59 AM
When I was in cold weather training in the Marine Corps, we were in Harstad, Norway. I worked the night shift, and people had us put on all our gear and go outside in the bitter cold to watch the "northern lights". The first time, I didnt see much, and was annoyed that they had us come out of the hooch for it. Well, the second night, they said the same thing, and we went out and looked. This time, it was amazing. Blue and purple colors were weaving through the sky, almost as if on top of us. I have never saw it here in Michigan as dramatic as there.

Kool just the same.

TomBrooklyn
11-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Can't see them in Brooklyn. Has anyone else in the NYC Metro area seen them? I'd be willing to drive an hour and a half to see them.