PDA

View Full Version : Is Meucci on a down hill run?

cycopath
11-04-2003, 02:37 PM
This came yesterday.:

Attention Meucci Dealer:

Bob Meucci has imported 5 high-quality decal butt styles, refinished them at Meucci in Mississippi with pressed Irish linen wraps and added our very powerful Black Dot Bullseye 35-Layer Laminated Shaft.

The MSRP on these great playing, low-deflection cues is only $200! Dealers can buy them for $XX with
the Black Dot Bullseye shafts or $XX with the Meucci RED DOT shafts. We have about 80 units to sell immediatelyl

Here is the link for them: http://www.meuccicues.com/lagente.htm
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This post is by cycopath's Dad.

pooltchr
11-04-2003, 03:01 PM
One of my issues with Meucci is the quality of the inlays. Seems like you can run your finger over the edge of the inlay and know immediately they aren't flush. Decals should eliminate that problem with them.

That being said, I still personally wouldn't have one.

tateuts
11-04-2003, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the post - it's nice to have current information about what's happeneing out there.

I have a pretty good collection of old Meucci Originals going and I personally hate to see them going through this.

Meucci had told me that they were considering - a "Hybrid" cue, which is what they call it. I suppose this is in response to the popularity of Players, Actions, etc. I had no idea this is what they were considering.

I think Meucci has been hurting for years. Let's face it - their current series is the '97 series - as in 1997 - this from a company that used to introduce a new cue style once a month.

I think this new line is a really bad idea. I mean, a transfer cue for $200? They are cheapening their black dot premium shafts by sticking them on these pieces of junk.

Are dealers really going to order these?

Chris

tateuts
11-04-2003, 03:53 PM
I also wonder whose designs the Chinese ripped off too /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chris

Harold Acosta
11-04-2003, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>
I think this new line is a really bad idea. I mean, a transfer cue for $200? They are cheapening their black dot premium shafts by sticking them on these pieces of junk.

Are dealers are going to really order these?

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

McDermott also sells transfer cues at about that price ($200) so I guess they are going with the flow and putting their cues competitively against other production cues. The Black dot shaft seems to be the edge they will want against McDermott. So I don't think they are cheapening the black dot shafts but then that is only my opinion.

Dealers will probably order the cues anyway. It's like ordering a "Players, Lucasi's or any Action cue with a Predator shaft."

In essence, I believe the Meucci's will sell....

justbrake
11-05-2003, 01:30 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> One of my issues with Meucci is the quality of the inlays. Seems like you can run your finger over the edge of the inlay and know immediately they aren't flush. Decals should eliminate that problem with them.

That being said, I still personally wouldn't have one. <hr /></blockquote>

I bought a 97-27 off ebay from wholesalebilliards2_all and he has his own website-http://www.wholesalebilliardcues.com/Default.asp

and it says make offers on cues , well anyway when I bought the cue he puts in the order to meucci and they ship it directly from the factory, they had to make mind up because they didn't have the weight I wanted, anyway I kept calling and there telling me another week,another week and you know, because they have to set up the computer and machine for one cue and that it is an old model,so "I said" then you shouldn't sell them and have them anymore on your website if you can't build them! they still have them on there website , it took 9 weeks for the cue and I sent it back to them to complain about the workmanship on the cue, the only thing they done for me was to send it back with an extra black dot shaft , so I asked the seller who I bought it from and he said they are having help problems at the company, The workmanship wasn't good at all! even the black dots looked like seconds that predator puts out(brown blemishes) and sells as seconds , I would never buy another cue from them again, but the cue does hit good, better then I expected, solid hit.

Nostroke
11-06-2003, 07:30 AM
IN Vegas, one dealer made you sign a waiver if you bought a Meucci. The waiver more or less said and im paraphrasing-'We are having a lot of problems with Meucci's of late. You make think these cues are seconds but they are not and if you have any problems, call Meucci direct, not us'.