PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best player you ever played?

Johnny_batters
11-05-2003, 02:56 PM
Who's the best player you ever played? Back in the '70s I ONCE played and beat Jim Mataya in nine-ball. ONCE! and then the hustle was on. LOL!

This happened at the Classic Club in Las Vegas, NV, in the late '70s.

9 Ball Girl
11-05-2003, 03:05 PM
The best player I ever played with was Tony Robles--without a spot 'cause he knew I didn't like getting spotted so I mostly racked. Hmmm, come to think of it, one might not consider that playing. Doh!

Everynow and then we'd switch over to Scotch Doubles so that I can at least get a shot or two in!

Tom_In_Cincy
11-05-2003, 03:27 PM
I, too have played Jimmy Mataya and won. It was a mini-tournament late at nite in Cincy back in 1988

The other great players I have played are as follows:

9ballGirl (I hid the bridge and left the cue ball in the middle of the table all the time, I lost)

KarateMOM (Chris.. is one very lucky man)

Hollie (smiles all the time.. how can I compete)

Spike (way too tough for me.. )

ChrisCass (he spotted me 11-6 in One Pocket and KILLED ME)

Kato (I was lucky, this was befor he took lessons)

Voodoo Daddy (we played even in One Pocket and he KILLED ME)

Bill Porter (I gave him a spot and he KILLED ME)

Wally In Hamiltucky (I forgot the outcome.. to many martinis)

RalphS. Wow.. this guy is great on the bar boxes.

ddd.. what a stroke

Ananomous Ed's girlfriend (Tram).. I lost bad.. but had fun. (hid the bridge again)

Chris A.. Gee.. Chris smiles a lot

Did I mention I beat Kato?

Kato
11-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Best players:

Dennis Searing in league. I was shaking so bad that I missed 3 ball in hands and left him hooked everytime. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Finally I missed and he got out.

Mario Cruz: Warmed him up for a tournament. I won 4 out of 10 games. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Of course he was drawing the ball 20 feet for position and doing all kinds of whacky stuff /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato~~~has been beaten by Tram, Tom, and many other CCB'ers. Spike and Heide didn't fair quite as well but I love them both anyway /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ras314
11-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Willie Mosconi. He never had a chance!

Well, actually was at one of his exibitions and I got picked to play one game. Ran the table, so didn't give him a chance. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
11-05-2003, 05:06 PM
As a young man, I played a lot in the 1970's. Hawaiian Brian was probably the best known player I played. I also played Jeff Carter who was just making a name for himself at the time, and Ernesto Dominguez before he was known. All three of these players were exceptional. I would like to add, they were all three extremely nice people too, on and off the pool tables.

As good as these guys were, the best player I've ever played was Ronnie Rosas. He was known as "Mexican Ronnie" out here in Los Angeles. To give you an idea of how good he was, he played Rodney Morris in the L.A. open in 1994, just before Rodney won the US Open. Ronnie handily beat him. He also beat Ronnie Allen and a lot of other good players. At the time, Keith McCready was about the best player out here and maybe in the country and I think they were a pretty close game.

Chris

Johnny_batters
11-05-2003, 05:09 PM
I saw Mosconi at an exhibition in Las Vegas, back in the '70s and everyone's jaw in the room dropped when he starting doing trick and massť shots. The guy was a thousand times better than anyone I've ever seen. It was really amazing.

jhendri2
11-05-2003, 05:34 PM
While in Germany I got to play a few pro's, Varner, Bustamante, Rempe, Massey, and Jimmy Reid. At the time (early 90s), I was in awe of Jim Rempe. He ran rack after rack of 8-ball, don't know why he wanted to play 8-ball, but it was amazing.

FWIW,

Jim

nbts8x5
11-05-2003, 05:43 PM
Earl Strickland. He was 11 years old, and emptied my pockets in a hurry.

Ricky H.

Popcorn
11-05-2003, 05:47 PM
I played many of the best players in the 70's and 80's, in tournaments, Hall, Segal, David Howard, Reid and a lot more. Sometimes winning, usually losing. The best players I gambled with though were, Hopkins Straight pool, Jersey Red, 9 ball and one pocket and Mike Carella 9 ball. Carella was the best, you were never at the table it seemed all he did was run out. I played some pretty good players you would never have heard of. One guy called Portchester Mickey a guy I had never heard of. He robbed me so bad I thought I had discovered gold. Here is a guy nobody knows that never misses. To make a long story short, the only time I saw him play good was the night be beat me. I lost every time I staked him, it was awful, all he did was talk to himself saying, "I can't make a ball, I can't make a ball". I was told later though by a few players, he once was a very good player but had problems. I played Cannonball Eddie, he was a terrific player as well, so was Cecil Tugwell (sp?)

Popcorn
11-05-2003, 05:54 PM
I player Hawaiian Brian around 1975. We were playing push out and one of the first games I pushed out to a shot I planed on playing safe on if he let me shoot. He said to me, "You can't leave a shot like that when you are playing me", and cut in like it was nothing. I knew I was in trouble after that.

mark wilson
11-05-2003, 07:13 PM
Irving Crane, Joe Balsis, Lou Butera, Mike Sigel, Earl Strickland, Cowboy Jimmy Moore, Jim Rempe, Steve Mizerak, Luther Lassiter, Jose Parica, Fransisco Bustamante, Louie Roberts, Dallas West, Hawaiian Brian Hashimoto, Buddy Hall,Bob Vanover, Dick Lane, Jose Garcia, David Howard, Kim Davenport,{ boy my loses are really mounting }, but by far the best is... Efren Reyes.

Mike H
11-05-2003, 08:25 PM
In tourneys and warmups, I've played Hopkins, Max Eberle, McCready, Coltrain, Shawn Putnam, Andam, Frankie Hernandez, Rafael Martinez, Mika, Ginky, Pat McNally, with a pretty crappy W-L record, and I've gotten up there for the cash with Parica, Santos, and Danny Medina.

Ralph S.
11-05-2003, 10:41 PM
I have had the pleasure of playing some big names. That is if you call getting drilled a pleasure. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Among the marquee are:

Steve Cook, Alex Pagulyon, George SanSoucci, Jeanette Lee and a few others.

I have also played a few from the shark tank known as CCB, them people are some real killers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Especially that real big shark named SacTown Tom. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Karatemom
11-05-2003, 10:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Kato~~~has been beaten by Tram, Tom, and many other CCB'ers. Spike and Heide didn't fair quite as well but I love them both anyway /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>I was just nervous - trying to show off. Just wait til next time, my friend. You'll get your beating in due time!

Heide ~ has been practicing daily!

Karatemom
11-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Two of the best "named" or "ranked at one time" women players that I have played against are Pam Bell and Debbie Wilson. I recently played Pam at a wedding reception a couple of weekends ago (long story, don't ask, LOL). I have known Debbie for quite a while. CC and I would come down from Chicago and play with her and her husband way back when (if you think I'm a horrible shot now, you should have seen me then!!!!).

However, I have the privilege to play some of the best in the area at any given moment, Chris Cass, Jesse and Jamie Bowman, to name a few.

Now, if you're talking about the CCB tourney, okay, I gagged damn near everything. It was just a bad stretch for me. I managed my way out of it though and am hitting 'em pretty good lately.

Heide

Kato
11-06-2003, 12:03 AM
I really look forward to it. I called you last week, pick up the phone once in a while. I miss all 3 of you and would like to talk

Kato~~~loves the Cass family. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

stick8
11-06-2003, 12:12 AM
tournyment earl the pearl, waxed my a**. exabiton the fat man m. fats. lot of fun, shot trick shots with Paul Gerni super person.my best memory was not pool related, playing softball game one night up drives big black caddy out comes TYE COBB the baseball great he too time to shake each players hand.

nhp
11-06-2003, 05:29 AM
I used to work at a poolhall that was co-owned by Ernesto Dominguez. He played me 3 games one-handed, and ran 2 racks! 2 RACKS WITH ONE HAND!

Earlier this year I played in the west coast Pechaur tour, my first match was Santos Sambajon, I lost 9-7. In the middle of the match he kind of started to play "bad", but still beat me.

I played Ismael "Morro" Paez in a tournament once, I lost 7-2.

I've played against Tang Hoa a few times, man that guy is amazing.

Oh, and tateuts here on this board once drilled me 7-0. I will get my revenge!

I think there is one or two more, but I can't remember right now.

Rich R.
11-06-2003, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mark wilson:</font><hr> Irving Crane, Joe Balsis, Lou Butera, Mike Sigel, Earl Strickland, Cowboy Jimmy Moore, Jim Rempe, Steve Mizerak, Luther Lassiter, Jose Parica, Fransisco Bustamante, Louie Roberts, Dallas West, Hawaiian Brian Hashimoto, Buddy Hall,Bob Vanover, Dick Lane, Jose Garcia, David Howard, Kim Davenport,{ boy my loses are really mounting }, but by far the best is... Efren Reyes. <hr /></blockquote>
It's a shame you never played anyone good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pizza Bob
11-06-2003, 08:20 AM
While I have played a variety of WPBA members at VF and the BCA trade show, my most memorable incident was playing a player whose name most of you may not have even recognized 8 months ago. I had the opportunity of playing snooker with Tony Drago in a private club in London. This was set-up through a mutual friend. Again, it was more just me spotting balls and racking than really playing, but it was amazing to watch him make 100 point breaks just fooling around. He was most gracious and fun to play with. Really glad to see that he has taken an interest in pool. Hopefully we'll be seeing much more of him in the future.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

RedHell
11-06-2003, 10:09 AM
Bob,

I'm disapointed, I was going to put your name as my most famous, but you didn't mentioned mine !!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I never played anyone famous, I played some pretty good players but they are mostly unknown. Andre Pelletier would probably be the best, he played in the WPC 2003 but didn't fair well !!!

tateuts
11-06-2003, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nhp:</font><hr> Oh, and tateuts here on this board once drilled me 7-0. I will get my revenge!
<hr /></blockquote>
Nat,

LOL! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You're great! I'm not playing you...

Chris

tateuts
11-06-2003, 11:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Pizza Bob:</font><hr> While I have played a variety of WPBA members at VF and the BCA trade show, my most memorable incident was playing a player whose name most of you may not have even recognized 8 months ago. I had the opportunity of playing snooker with Tony Drago in a private club in London. This was set-up through a mutual friend. Again, it was more just me spotting balls and racking than really playing, but it was amazing to watch him make 100 point breaks just fooling around. He was most gracious and fun to play with. Really glad to see that he has taken an interest in pool. Hopefully we'll be seeing much more of him in the future.

Adios,

Pizza Bob <hr /></blockquote>

Bob,

I taped the WPC and where Drago finally lost to Alex. He sure has a beautiful game. Silky smooth and very accurate.

Is he as big of a guy as he looks on television?

Chris

Karatemom
11-06-2003, 12:34 PM
You're better off trying either late at night, around 10 or 11, or on the cells. Chris usually has his with.

Heide ~ needs to remember to turn the answering machine on, LOL

Kato
11-06-2003, 12:51 PM
I know, I'll try again. Just miss you guys terribly so. It's just a family thing. Kind of want September to come around now or turn back the clock so we could have more time. Miss hanging out with my only nephew, Christ. Never got to play a rack with the old man. Then of course you're a sweetheart. Everytime I use R.J. Boars BBQ sauce or drink a cup of coffee out of my Quad Cities mug I think about our time. Call ya soon.

R.J.~~~thinks in 1 more year Chris Cass will be the best player I've ever played. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Rhino Chaser
11-06-2003, 01:18 PM
Cory Duell, Dee Adkins, Steve McAnnich(?), Troy Frank, Steve Cook, Steve "Duncan" Berry, Frank Ruby, Rafel Martinez(?), and Shawn Putnam are on my list, w/l not very good. Though beat a couple in handicap tourney's. From the board SacTown Tom, Ralph S and Scott Lee.

Pizza Bob
11-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Chris:
Yeah,he's a pretty good size. Actually the still pictures make him look smaller than I remembered him....but in that situation one has to take into account that he looked "bigger than life".

Adios,

Pizza Bob

hondo
11-06-2003, 01:37 PM
In one pocket, Lucky Joey at the Diamond Billiards
in Charleston, WV. I lost every single game 8-7.
Didn't take me too long to realize I was being
hustled. Back in the 70's he beat every 1 pocket
player that came to town. I heard Jimmy Reid
beat him but Joey wouldn't admit it.

ladybilliards
11-06-2003, 02:11 PM
I played and beat Gerda Hofstatter in an exhibition tourney - I had an almost 90 degree cut shot on the 9, she said "you can't make that", of course, I did.:).
In a dbls tourney Billy Palmer and I played Corey Duel and Holy Sholes, we made 3 mistakes (one being not making anything on the break), they beat us 7-3:( we finished 3rd-4th.

lb

Barbara
11-06-2003, 02:22 PM
Let's see...

Karen Corr, Julie Kelly, Gerda Hofstetter, Helena Thornfeldt, Neslie O'hare, Fran Crimi, Joanne Mason-Parker, and Carol Clark.

Barbara~~~that other CC just keeps whooping up on me!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rick the stick
11-06-2003, 10:46 PM
Willie Mosconi, the greatest pool player of all time, bar none, there is no discussion on this or debate. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
11-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Tony is a big guy. He doesnt walk, he swaggers. He definately has presence,if you know what I mean. He has the aura of a top player, a pro.I think he is more suited to 9b than snooker.
The best player I have ever played was Jimmy White. Jimmy also has that aura. He's a really nice guy as well, always friendly.
I,m sure I beat Alex Lely once, years ago,but that was in a snooker tournament.LOL

Qtec

Rick the stick
11-07-2003, 01:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Tony is a big guy. He doesnt walk, he swaggers. He definately has presence,if you know what I mean. He has the aura of a top player, a pro.I think he is more suited to 9b than snooker.
The best player I have ever played was Jimmy White. Jimmy also has that aura. He's a really nice guy as well, always friendly.
I,m sure I beat Alex Lely once, years ago,but that was in a snooker tournament.LOL

Qtec <hr /></blockquote>

Ah Jimmy white, as about as good of potter of the ball you could ever find. Did he ever find a decent toupee?
I am a big fan of him and his abilities. I think Steve Davis or Stephen Hendry are better.

sack316
11-07-2003, 02:18 AM
Wow, I wish I had the chance to play some of these names mentioned here. Unfortunately the best I've played have all been local players. But, since I have gotten so into pool, my parents and Grandma have been telling me stories about my grandfather (died before I was born /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif anyway, he apparently was a awesome player and played with Mosconi, and apparently Mosconi liked him so much he even asked him to tour with him. My Grandfather was young at the time and his Mom wouldn't let him do it and he wound up joining the Air Force instead. Man what I wouldn't give to have seen him shoot! And for that matter, what I wouldn't give to have inherited his pool abilities rather than his hairline!

BillPorter
11-07-2003, 06:39 AM
Back in the 1960's I was "between jobs" and hanging out at a pool hall in Dallas, Texas. A guy comes in and asks me to play. We play a few games of 9-ball and I can see I'm over-matched, so I ask for the wild 8-ball. A few games later I'm asking for the 7 and 8. A few games later I finally figure out this guy is a road player and I'm not going to get there, even with the 7 and 8. If you're younger than 40, you probably won't recognize the name of Richie Ambrose. He was never a world champ, but he played a pretty strong game of pool. I've seen most of the top players over the past 40 years, but Richie is the best I ever played (or racked for, to be more precise). /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

NH_Steve
11-07-2003, 07:57 AM
The best player I truly earned the right to face was Alex Pagaluyan, in the finals of a small-field One Pocket tournament spin off at one of the bigger Joss events a couple of years ago. Naturally he swept me 3-0 -- but I was in every game up to about 4 balls /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif, and he did say 'nice shot' a couple of times. I actually did beat a pretty good player earlier in the tourney -- only because I didn't know who Scotty Townsend was /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I played Grady once &amp; won the first game, then proceeded to lose about 20 in a row

I have played Mike Massey One Pocket, and am a perfect 2-0 against him --- needless to say I quit when I was ahead. Guess I showed him a trick or two /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I like telling my son how I woooped a world champion /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve ---&gt; who doesn't actually shoot that well, but is a pretty smart player -- naturally that's why I like One Pocket

RUNaRAK
11-07-2003, 08:34 AM
I have played some good locals,,.. Eric Durbin, Tommy Stevenson, Donnie Anderson, Jason Miller, Frank Ruby.. Some bigger names Corey Deuel, Shawn Putnam, "Dr. Cue" Tom Rossman and several others... Beat a few but mostly racked against most of these..

But one day??????

glupidio
11-07-2003, 10:35 AM
Efren Reyes took part of my paycheck home with him when I was stationed at Clark AFB in the 80's before I knew who he was. I actually thought I had a chance. LOL. Since then I've had the privilege of playing Karen Korr, Charlie Williams and Tony Robles. Amazing players, all of 'em. Met a great local player last night, George Zentner. In his case it's to his advantage that the APA skill levels only go up to 9.

-glupidio

Scott Lee
11-07-2003, 10:40 AM
I played myself once! I should've won, but I couldn't run three friggin' balls! LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Over three decades, I've played many of today's and yesterday's top players...Mosconi was probably the best overall.

Scott Lee ~ wishes he could have played Don Willis!

Scott Lee
11-07-2003, 10:48 AM
Hi Bill! That wasn't that old place on Lemmon Ave, was it? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Lotta hustlin' went on in that room!

Scott Lee

Johnny_batters
11-07-2003, 10:56 AM
I also played Cicero Murphy once back in the late '70s. He had the strangest stroke I've ever seen. But I guess it worked for him.

Voodoo Daddy
11-07-2003, 11:55 AM
All of them or just the best? Well...lets go with a list;

Buddy Hall, Nick Varner, Ray Martin, Howard Vickery, Tommy Kennedy, David Howard, Steve Mizerak, Johnny Ervolino, Ritchie Ambrose, Tom Brown, Bob Ogburne, Bobby Williams, Jimmy Reid, Gary Pinkowski and my favorite...TOBY SWEET!! Ladies players include Gloria Walker, Deanna Henson, Fran Crimi and the infamous Carol Clark!!

Oh yeah, Kato, Tom, MikeM, WesK and a cast of characters known world wide as the "CCB"!!

Voodoo~~~played many more but is trying to avoid bordem

Chris Cass
11-07-2003, 04:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr>
R.J.~~~thinks in 1 more year Chris Cass will be the best player I've ever played. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry my friend, I'm all but toast. Glad to see you like the mug. I want you to know after a nite of partying and still you made sure to see us off at the Open at 6:15am was the nicest thing I'll ever remember someone doing for us. Your truley a good friend. BTW, that $20. you gave Heide for Spikes new case went to a SL10 Schon cue. Still can't believe an 11 yr old with a $700. cue. Man is he spoiled. I will say though he can play. I expect him turning pro one day. If that happens, I expect you'll keep his head grounded for me, Uncle RJ. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

C.C.

BillPorter
11-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Scott, you are thinking of Cotton Bowling Palace at Lemon and Inwood. That's where I cut my teeth at pool and the site of many of my pool memories and stories. Since it was the only 24 hour place to play in Dallas in those days, it had any and all the late night action and was a stop for any road players traveling through. But the game I had with Richie Ambrose was at Time Square Cue Club (OK, it IS a strange name for a pool joint in Dallas) on Commerce St. (I think!). Both places closed down many, many years ago (sad to say!).

BillPorter
11-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Scott, BTW, I think I met you mentor, Jack White, at Cotton Bowling Palace...(Was he your mentor?) As I recall, he was a pretty good player and had an asortment of proposition bets for the unwary gambler.

Scott Lee
11-08-2003, 04:52 AM
Bill...That's the place! Jack White hung out there many times. It's very likely you met him there! LOL He tells a very funny story about some "hustlers" in town from GA, who tried to hustle him there.

Scott

Kato
11-08-2003, 06:59 AM
Unreal about Christ. He's gotta be in heaven!!!! And to think when I first talked to him he just wanted a cue with points /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif kids come a long way.

You told me you were toast last year and you looked pretty good to me. Figure you need a little strength, couple of pounds, and to get your break back.

Keep your cell on this weekend Cassman. I'm callin'

Kato

RailbirdJAM
11-08-2003, 07:19 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Kato:</font><hr> Unreal about Christ. He's gotta be in heaven!!!! And to think when I first talked to him he just wanted a cue with points...<hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

RailbirdJAM

#### leonard
11-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Popcorn I played in a tourney at the old Syracuse Cue Club and The Cannonball was in the tourney. He had lost a game to Jimmy Quick from Binghamton/Elmira in which Quickie hadn't run a rack of balls nor played a break shot.

After the games were over for the night he replayed the game on the front table for the crowd. It was the most hilarious 30 minutees of pool that I had ever witnessed in all my years in a poolroom. I could always remember him saying here is his breakshot,Safe!!!! The Cannonball had more moves than a snake when he was in his fun mode. When he played serious it was a different Ed at the table.

I did see Portchester Mickey play when he came through Troy in the 50s. I think he was with New York Blackie at the time.

For all you Don Willis fans, Don said that Utica Fritz "Scarface" Fournier, The Cannonballs mentor was the best straight pool player in his mind. When questioned about why he rated him number one, he said everytime he played the last game for all the money he ran out. He didn't see him do it once or twice but all the time they were on the road together. ####

Johnny_batters
11-08-2003, 06:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> All of them or just the best? Well...lets go with a list;

Buddy Hall, Nick Varner, Ray Martin, Howard Vickery, Tommy Kennedy, David Howard, Steve Mizerak, Johnny Ervolino, Ritchie Ambrose, Tom Brown, Bob Ogburne, Bobby Williams, Jimmy Reid, Gary Pinkowski and my favorite...TOBY SWEET!! Ladies players include Gloria Walker, Deanna Henson, Fran Crimi and the infamous Carol Clark!!

Oh yeah, Kato, Tom, MikeM, WesK and a cast of characters known world wide as the "CCB"!!

Voodoo~~~played many more but is trying to avoid bordem <hr /></blockquote>

Johnny Ervolino and Ritchie Ambrose -
Holy crap I haven't heard those names since they lived in Vegas, back in the '70s. They were both sharp guys.

hemicudas
11-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Buddy Hall comes through Jackson, Miss and stops in the local action pool room. Everyone in the place knows him and refuses to match-up with him. Having been on the road many times with good players myself, I tell Buddy I will play you some, even, for $1 a game, knowing Buddy has a nut to fade and figuring it would be a good education for me.

The whole time we are playing Buddy is trying to get me to raise the bet, Knowing that I know him and stipulating that I was only going to give him $20. Occasionally I win a game and this makes Buddy scream louder to raise the bet, jokingly but still wanting to get this over ASAP. Buddy is on the hill, I'm $19 stuck and I win that game. Every player in Jackson is watching by this time and Buddy yells, "You won't play for more than a dollar a game, they ought to call you the "$Bill".

So, for the next 35 years I have been known as $Bill

CarolNYC
11-11-2003, 04:23 AM
Okay, my turn:
In NY:Mike LeBron at the Golden Cue!
George Sansoucci and of ,course, Tony Robles in an open Tri-state!
In Florida:
Theres only one BEST I know-
MIAMIVOODOOSTEVE! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Carol