PDA

View Full Version : Schon CX quality, quantity

Peglegusus
11-05-2003, 05:22 PM
I've searched the previous posts about the Schon CX cues, but no one really answered how they compare to the other series. I couldn't find anything on the net about what kind of numbers are produced for each CX model, either. If they are mass producing the CX, I would rather spend the same amount of money and get another series that is made in a more limited number and have something more unique. Maybe some of the vendors out there can give me a little help? Thanks.

Lanny
11-06-2003, 06:31 AM
I believe all Schon cues are of the same quality,the amount of detail and the number available separates their price.I couldn't find a specific number for the CX line,but you can e-mail Schon through their website for an answer.

cycopath
11-06-2003, 09:43 AM
There's a local player with a CX-37. I wouldn't consider it any lower quality than any other Schon I've seen. I don't think Schon would allow any sub-par quality cues to leave their factory.

Fred Agnir
11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Peglegusus:</font><hr> I've searched the previous posts about the Schon CX cues, but no one really answered how they compare to the other series. I couldn't find anything on the net about what kind of numbers are produced for each CX model, either. If they are mass producing the CX, I would rather spend the same amount of money and get another series that is made in a more limited number and have something more unique. Maybe some of the vendors out there can give me a little help? Thanks. <hr /></blockquote> I'm not sure what your question is but...

I think the Schön CX line are cues made exclusively for Cuestix International and their distributors. To my knowledge, they are just like any other common Schön. They aren't limited editions or anything like that, as far as I've ever heard.

BTW, I wouldn't call anything from Schön "mass produced" since that would be a little unfair comparison to something like a Cuetec. They are like the high end of "production cues," IMO.

Fred

Peglegusus
11-09-2003, 05:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> I'm not sure what your question is but...

<hr /></blockquote>
Well, I guess what I really want to know is, is the CX series the Cuestix equivalent of the STL series? They seem to cost about the same, but with the CX you have Schon ---&gt; Cuestix ---&gt; Local distributor, STL series Schon ---&gt; Local distributor. Seems like the CX would have a higher markup at retail.