Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack Justis Cases

Jack Justis Cases

As some of you already know, I'm receiving a Justis case as a wedding gift. I had never seen one until tonight. They are beautiful cases but I noticed while the tubes for the shafts are tight fitting, the tubes for the butts are loose!

Does anyone out there that owns a Justis case have any info for me about this? I mean...shouldn't the butt tubes be tight also? That sounded a little kinky didn't it? Seriously, I would like to know if any Justis owners are unhappy with their cases, have had problems, etc.

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Re: Jack Justis Cases

Hi Ken,
    I have a Swift case, which is very similar to the Justice. I know what you are saying and mine is the same way but I have not had any trouble.
    Not exactly the type of case you want when you have an aching back [img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

rackmup, what type of cues are you shooting with? Just curious, because I had a Meucci which fit quite tight in my instroke case - so much so that I was afraid that I was scratching the finish of the cue whenever I stuck it in and out. My Schon is slightly loose in my Instroke, but not enough to worry me. With that said, not all cues have the same diameter butt.

Hi,
    I have the Justis case and as you said it,s beautiful.In regards to the tubes you,re right.The butt is moving in the tube.You have to put something soft beetwen the butt and the tube so the butt is not moving.

Ken, I've had my Justis case for almost a year. Although the tubes are also loose for my cue butts, I have seen no damage caused by the case. I also believe, if they were tight, it would be difficult to remove them from the case.

I don't know if it is a problem with your cues, but my cues are somewhat standard 58" long. The Justis cases are made to accomodate longer cues. I purchased the very inexpensive case spacers from the market place at AZbilliards.com and they work great. Rich R.

Ken:

As much as I love my Justis case, isn't getting married to acquire one a bit drastic?????

I've had mine (3x6 two small pouches / suede body) for about three years now and it's great. It has traveled with me all over the world and the "loose" butt has never been a problem. It allows me to insert an assembled cue for transport from table to table, or use it this way rather than lean my cue. No damage to the cues (two Capone's and a Parris) has ever occurred. Rest easy, my friend, I'd be more concerned about the damage getting married may do.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I've owned a Justis case for 7 or 8 years and it is a very durable and great looking case. The butt sections are somewhat loose and have never been a problem. As for the shafts, I wipe the chalk off the tip after playing and then put the shaft in tip first. Which is the way Jack Justis told me to load the case. I don't have any problems and I use joint protectors on butt and shafts. You're probably already loading like that, but if not, try it.

Hey Rich:

Did the case spacers fit in the shaft tubes as well? I am a little hesitant to use a tissue as Jack suggests due to the particles of chalk getting on the ferrule ( I know I should wipe the tip off...). Others have suggested using a wooden dowel, but even a 5/8" size won;t slide in, and I don't want to force the dowel down for fear of not getting it back out.

Thanks,

Zach

I had one of these cases for a while. They're very good-looking. They are also extremely
    heavy to lug around. The only weak link I noticed was the flimsy clasp (like on a cheap
    purse), which eventually became loose. Also, someone on the board here has remarked that
    he could not get repair service from the maker. I sold my Justis 2-4 case to Sid Vicious for
    $75, which is what I paid for it (used but in good shape). I think they're more like $300 or
    $400 new.

SpiderMan

Jack sold me my case with a handful of black marbles but any will do. Load them down each tube until the shafts and butts fit snugly when the lid closes. That keeps everything fitting nicely.