Thread: Poll: Best shotmaker today under 30 years old

Poll: Best shotmaker today under 30 years old

Re: Poll: Best shotmaker today under 30 years old

I am not sure about under 30 but "The Kid" Nick Schulman who is just 17 ran 148 balls in a tri-state straight pool tourney last weekend! How awesom is that!!!
    So for under 20, I'd vote for him. FYI Karen Corr is not yet 30!

Yes she is under 30 but I don't consider her a great shotmaker. She's a great position and safety player. I just don't consider her a great shotmaker. But that's just my oponion.

Re: Poll: Best shotmaker today under 20 years old

Congratulations Nick. Do you think playing in the NYC Invitational Round Robin against that high level competition helped juice your game for this tourney?

I have disagree about Karen's ability to make shots, I guess it depends on context, she is a snooker player after all. When she plays a match she is a tactical player, yes. But I have seen her just warm up and hit unbelievable shots off the rail. I just think she plays percentages....
    [img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]As far as Nick, yes I heard even though he didn't win a match at Carom he played great. So much of Straight pool is knowledge but The Kid is a great shotmaker,he is one to watch!!!

I dont know much abou the under 20 yrs old but as far as the young guns I think cory is the best one out there.

Out of the men under 30, I would have to say Amar Kang, Corey Duel, John Schmidt is about there as a great shot maker, but I don't know how old he is.
    For women under 30 Tiffany Nelson, Melissa Herndon, or Rachel Abbink
    For women under 20, Michele Rakin without a doubt. She plays awesome.