Thread: Mosconi,Crane,Fats, Balsis replay on ESPN

Mosconi,Crane,Fats, Balsis replay on ESPN

I missed the Classic Tournaments on Espn that involved Balsis,Crane,Mosconi, and fats on ESPN a few weeks ago. Has anyone heard of the possibility of these matches being repeated or re-broadcast? Any chance to buy videotape like this? How did the matches turn out? Who do you feel was the better all-aound players! Strengths and weaknesses of each? Do you all feel that today's players like Effren and Bustamante could handle Mosconi,Greenleaf, Balsis,Crane and etc. Is today's version of Nine-ball less skillful than two fouls Ball-in-hand? Is Straight Pool a better test of a person's skill

Re: Mosconi,Crane,Fats, Balsis replay on ESPN

From what I have seen a player like Mosconni whould have beaten anyone around today.The reason the games have evolved into 9 0r 8 ball is for T.V., because its quick moving and holds the viewers attention. Straight pool is like a chess match a player knows right from the start how he or she is going to run out and set up the break for the next rack.By playing straight pool the player stays at the table usually much longer and therefore does not have his concentration broken.I guess todays players could match up if T.V would allow for straight pool.I for one would like to see that.
    [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    HONDO:
    You should listen to Bob.

Re: Mosconi,Crane,Fats, Balsis replay on ESPN

Check with tenfttall on ebay. He has some of this series on dvd.