Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: vietnam

vietnam

In 1981 my father, a career Army man, died of a brain
    tumor that he believed was brought on by exposure to
    angent orange.
    In 1968 I ran out of money & loan options & had to
    drop out of college. I decided to join the service.
    I passed my physical and had my date to report for
    boot camp. Suddenly a loan opportunity came up and
    I had a chance to go bact to school. My recruier,
    a pool playing buddy, tore up my enlistment papers
    ( I never asked him) and said " go back to school,
    Tom.
    As my frinds who survived came back from Nam they
    painted a different picture of what was going on
    than we were led to believe. I became convinced
    the war was wrong and protested against it.
    My buddies who actually SAW COMBAT hated to talk
    about it. One thing that truly bothered them
    was hating to think that they were in harm's
    way for political reasons and NOT to defend
    their country.
    Gradually many, many people came to realize
    that it was not a war to defend us.
    Now, it's started again. Our guys are being
    killed in war that is wrong.
    Kerry served in Nam, gets shot 3 times , and is
    a traitor to his country.
    Bush, in essence a draft dodger, is spinned as a great
    American.
    I'm sure egg, hi-c and Wally will pick me apart
    on this post but RickW, a Nam vet might agree with me.
    I told two Vietnam vets what I was going to write
    and they said go for it Thanks, Hondo
    May God bless all of you.

Re: vietnam

tap ... tap ... tap
    Nick

[ QUOTE ]
    Kerry served in Nam, gets shot 3 times , and is
    a traitor to his country.
    Bush, in essence a draft dodger, is spinned as a great
    American.
    <hr /></blockquote> Wow, it was going good up until this point. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] One of Kerry's "wounds" was his own fault?

The problem is that Kerry decided to run his campaign on his military career. Bush was not this foolish. Bush knew he did not have a very distinguished military career (apparently no one told JK he did not have one either).

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm sure egg, hi-c and Wally will pick me apart
    on this post but RickW, a Nam vet might agree with me.
    I told two Vietnam vets what I was going to write
    and they said go for it Thanks, Hondo <hr /></blockquote> I don't think there was anything wrong with your post until you mentioned Kerry.

eg8r

Good post friend. They will probably come after me too, but hey, a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do, right?

I had many friends who served in Vietnam. When they came back and I heard their stories of how SOME of our troops behaved, I was appalled. There definately were atrociies committed by us in Vietnam just as Kerry said years ago in the Senate Office Building. The sotries he told there wer the same sotries that I was told by personal friends who were there themselves.

I get very angry when people take the position that if you critisize an action of your country, you are not patriotic. That is total BS. I admire that John Kerry had the courage to say what is so about Vietnam.

Personally, the spin I have observed from Bush's campaign is disgusting. As far as I am concerned, he was never elected in the firswt place. That was upsetting enough, that last election. But after these years of watching the messes he has made, I would prefer to vote for Howdy Doody than to see George Bush get another four years to make more of a mess, and then not take responsibility for any of it!

I have watched the Republican Party over the years, waste BILLIONS on their petty investigations and dirty tricks, and they make me sick!

Polititians in general are not my cup of tea, but George Bush and the religeous right are to me the scarriest thing around in this world today.

What is this war anyway, but two religeous fanatics, George Bush, and Bin Laden, battling it out.

If we are going to increase our nuclear weaponry, and then demand that other countries destroy theirs, what does that say about us?

Just look at the deficit, what is happening to the schools, 600,000 jobs lost since this idiot took office. He is rewarding the corporations to give away jobs to countries that we are already paying taxes to send money to in the first place. Does this make any sense?

And don't start on me eg8r with you "Just the Facts" I have sources to back up what I am saying just like you do, hell all you have to do these days is change the channel or pick up a different newspaper and you can build "Facts" to support whatever your position might be!

If we don't put a stop to all this outsourceing this country will go down the tubes. HEALTH care has been totally neglected by George Bush, he has done NOTHING! The corporations are outsourcing because that is the only way they can turn a profit in the Bush economy. They can't afford to keep employees and pay their hospitalization for one thing.

Numbers don't mean anything anymore, people can twist them and turn them to make them show whatever they want.

I wish we could go back to the days when the facts were told on the news without the personal opinions of these pompus journalists using their programs to smear people and lead the unfortunate comfused in this country around like a bunch of brainless lambs being taken to the slaughter.

Now we find out that the UN is nothing more than a bunch of corrupt money making bunch of POLITICAL PIGS. Corruption is what is destroying the world, Corruption, greed and organized religeon will be the downfall of all nations if people of the world don't learn to live and let live.

George Bush went in there to go after Saddam to even a score for his father. Now here we are just days before the election and this Bin Ladden PIG is still threatening us.

Thousands were killed on 9=11 and Goerge Bush dropped the ball when he didn't make it his number one priority to get Bin Ladden. That should have been number one on his list of things to do today!

I predict that the democrats will be the silent majority to turn out to the poles next week by the droves for one reason only, to get rid of this total idiot in the White House. It's outrageous what this man is doing to America, our respect in the world, and our economy. Our children will be paying for generations for the mess he has made if we don't get rid of him now.

shwehu, I fell better already. OK Ed, hit me with your best shot, lol.

Love
    Gayle

POOR GEORGE, he didn't make any mistakes, he justu appointed some wrong people, BS.

They man can't even put his lips together and pronounce words correctly. I wouldn't hire him to speak to a coalition of manure yard owners. If that Karen whatever her name is isn't around to tell this idiot what to say, he can't put two comsecutive sentenses together without saying the same six words over and over.

They only way he got to be Govenor was to launch the biggest smear campaign in history.

Gayle,

I think I am done arguing politics until after the election. On Wednesday (hopefully, barring a repeat of Florida 2000, *Wally rolls eyes*) we can all reinforce our ramparts, reassess our strategy, and begin the battle anew [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Amen Sister [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Nick

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr>

...I'm sure ... Wally will pick me apart
    <hr /></blockquote>

Ha! Fooled ya' !

hondo, you are certainly entitled to express your side of things.

talk to you Wednesday [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    But after these years of watching the messes he has made, I would prefer to vote for Howdy Doody than to see George Bush get another four years to make more of a mess, and then not take responsibility for any of it!

LOL [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have watched the Republican Party over the years, waste BILLIONS on their petty investigations and dirty tricks, and they make me sick!

Polititians in general are not my cup of tea, but George Bush and the religeous right are to me the scarriest thing around in this world today.

What is this war anyway, but two religeous fanatics, George Bush, and Bin Laden, battling it out.

If we are going to increase our nuclear weaponry, and then demand that other countries destroy theirs, what does that say about us?
    <hr /></blockquote>

Talk about telling it like it is!

Brilliant.

Q [ dont worry, the Reps on the board are running scared, they wont bother you. They know its all over, the games up, the truth is out, no amount of spin can save them. Oohps, I forgot Florida.. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]]
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

Gayle,

.....the pleasure of the mind meld, the joy of knowing there is someone out there that comes to the same conclusions given the same broadbrush of the information availiable to us, the voting public, and the finger crossing going on with us of a kindred spirit...I have faith in the general intelligence of my fellow citizens who are involved enough (scared enough) to make a difference and pull the lever for the best candidate annnnnnnnddddddd....theeeeee nexxxxxxxt President ooooooooooffffffffff theeeeeeee United Staaaaaaaaaates of Ameriiiiiiiiiiiiicaaaaaaaaaa.....HOOOOOOOWDY DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gayle....anyone who know me personally will say that I'm not ever partisan, just a middle guy, nor have I been vocal in presidentiol politics, UNTIL this election. What you said, everything you said, hits a homerun with everything I'm feeling, it's begun to worry me where our citizen's commom sense has gone when I see the polls reverse toward Bush after some of the lame answers he gives, and definetely when it comes to the thing about his refusal to take one iota of blame for mistakes.

I especially liked the coalition of manure yard owners phrase...I couldn't have said it better. All humor put aside, I am simply worried about what kind of harm we'd incur with this guy in a lame duck situation. If he is ballsy enough to do what he has in the first term, God help us if 4 years more comes our way.

On the Vietnam thing, I was surprised when I dropped into a VFW and had retired vets with maybe 3-4 checks coming from different services, Vietnam being one, and the response to a Bush news blip on the TV was "We absolutely DO NOT want 4 more years of this." I never expected this reaction, now I know...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"