Thread: Small tables--Need help now so I can buy for Xmas

Small tables--Need help now so I can buy for Xmas

Hello!

My husband loves playing pool but we don't get out to play much. We live in a small apartment. I am looking at possibly buying one of those small tables (2 ft by 4ft with 42" cues).
    I know for serious players this probably sounds terrible. Is it? My husband will even sometimes play a pool video game when he misses pool a lot. In view of that, would small table be better than nothing or would it really screw up his playing when he moved onto a larger table.

Please answer soon, I need to decide for XMAS.

Re: Small tables--Need help now so I can buy for Xmas

Honestly I'd never buy one of those tables. A friend had one years ago and it was terrible. Just go out when you can, or you could buy him a pool cue.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Oh darn, that's diappointing. Well, he already has a pool cue so I guess it is back to the drawing board.

I came very close to getting a 7 ft table but after reading about space requirements decided the room we'd put it in just isn't big enough.

Maybe I can find him a better pool video game . . .

Buy him table time at the local pool room.

Also, give him the time to use it. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

You can also buy him some lessons from a qualified instructor.

Re: Small tables--Need help now so I can buy for X

Hey quiet dreams
    if you want to keep his gift pool related, than i'd go with some lessons from a qualified instructor, maybe it's something you could do together. Just a thought. Also some videos from accu-stats.com might be a good idea. Good Luck and Merry Christmas !!!! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Favorite Quote "if winnings not important, why keep score" Worf ST:TNG

You know I'd have to say playing a good computer pool game is more real than playing on a dinky table. Everything is cheap and does't come close to real play. What game does he have? Virtural Pool 3? You were wise not to put in a large size table without room.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>