Thread: Rail(bumper?) Repair..(legs too)

Rail(bumper?) Repair..(legs too)

Hi, new to the forums, been lurking for a few days, looking for any information on rail(bumper?) repair. Sorry if it has been covered before, but I couldn't find anything via the search function.

Anyway, I have an old coin-op bar table, that needs a little fixing up, the rails are sagging uncontrollably, it has gotten to the point where the ball will hop when it hits the rail(this is due to a few years ago, where it was used as seating..).

There is also a leg that has come a little loose, and the diamonds are gone along the sides, those however, I think I can handle(although any pointers are welcome!).

The rails are my main conern. I went to all state billiards the other day, and asked about my poor rails, they said I could do it myself, and all it would take is some 'constantine glue', which I could find at any local hardware store. I'm just wondering what you guys think, and is this information correct?

Here's a few pictures of the problems...

first, lets start with what the subject was all about, the rails..
    first rail
    and
    second rail

(i know the felt is in terrible condition, but it's fine for my current skill level, and im a broke college student sooo..)

ok, next is the legs..
    both legs
    bad leg
    fuzzy picture..bad leg

and last but not least, what's left of the only diamond still somewhat visible..

the diamond

any and all input/suggestions are welcome, cuz I need it! I'd like to get back into pool(i just uncovered this table a week or so ago), but I'm going to need to fix it up just a bit!

Thanks!

Re: Rail(bumper?) Repair..(legs too)

I have no financial interest in any billiard related businesses or schools.

Thanks for the links, ill check them out, but I think the rails are fine, they just need to be reglued...trying to find this constantine glue is harder than first predicted though.

Merc,

Why don't you post this in the main forum? You'll get a lot more replies. Those rails look terrible. What kind of table is it? The rails are fixable but it hard to tell about the legs. It looks like there nailed together. I might lean towards just buying another table. It might take more time and money than you like to make it right. What are those diamonds? It looks like they are a stick on. Give us some more info in the main forum, not many visit here.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

The rails are junk. When you buy new ones, contact cement is used to hold them to the wood. Never heard of such glue you mentioned. Maybe that's why you can't find it!.

Rod
    <span style="color: blue">be smooth; better control and power with less effort.</span>

Well, it was my first post, so I thought it should go into the newbies forum [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for the rails, I'll have to make use with what I have, which is not much as you saw!

I'm going to post in the main forum, and go out and get some contact adhesive today.