Thread: Needing a new hobby!

Needing a new hobby!

I am in the market for a pool table and I am have not been around long enough to know what to look for. I am wanting to spend around $1700 total. I have been looking in the classifieds and ebay for used and it looks as if buying new might be my best option. I have found two in my price range that I like so far. The first is made by Cannon. I had never heard of them, but their tables are very well constructed. The have supports vertical and accross the table. Here is a look at the table. I can buy it and have it installed for $1799.
    http://www.cannon-usa.com/Billiardstables_Fairfield.htm

The other is made by Brunswick. I can buy it and have it installed for $1650.

http://www.brunswick-billiards.com/b...rookstone.html

I am open to all options. I was leaning towards the Brunswick because I recognize their name. (Although I know that it dosen't always mean its better) Also, is the "Contender" line of pool tables much better than the "basic" tables. Please help me out I am wanting to buy in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your help.

John [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Needing a new hobby!

Enjoy the Brunswick, save $150+, and loose less in depreciation due to Brunswick's name recognition.
    No, I am not BCA certified... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Re: Needing a new hobby!

Keep in mind that you may need to buy parts for the table in the future. Best to buy a table which is easy to get parts for.
    I have no financial interest in any billiard related businesses or schools.