Thread: Price of Brunswick upgrades

Price of Brunswick upgrades

I am in the process of buying either a Brunswick Brookstone or Bradford model 8' pool table for my home. Before I go to the dealer for the last time I was wondering if anyone had a feel for the price of certain upgrades such as: leather shielded pockets, Simons cloth, and an upgrade from the Heritage play package to the Centennial Play package. Also if anyone has any comments on these two models, good or bad, it would be appreciated.
    Thanks and have fun. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Price of Brunswick upgrades

I just came from the Brunswick dealer today as I'm also looking at the 8' Bradford model. I got him down to about $3000 with the basic accessory package, delivery and installation. He was going to charge me an extra $200 for an upgraded Brunswick cloth, which he thought was better than Simonis, but I didn't bite.

I'm still deciding if this is a good deal. I brought the MSRP price list straight from Brunswick and he was a bit shocked I had it. I think this may have helped get the price down, since when I called him, he said the MSRP was $4800 compared to $3200 on my list.

yeah you gotta whatch out for those pool room guys! They are trying to make more money! They are usually way over priced on thier upgrades never buy them just like the extended warranties when you buy a new car. However if you are interested in cloth or billiard balls with accessory kit let me know I am dealer for simonis and for elephant, and Aramith balls! Luke

IIRC my Brunswick dealer charged me $100 for the Simonis upgrade, but this was over 2 years ago. They didn't include a starter kit with their tables, but they had a "house" kit they had put together for about $100, then the Centennial kit for like $500. I think I talked them down to $200 for the Centennial kit, and the Avalon table I bought was already quite a bit below MSRP.

Regarding prices, Brunswick used to be (and I assume still is) very protective and picky about it, so that's probably why the dealer was surprised. They didn't publish price lists for the public and they prohibited authorized dealers from giving anything but MSRP quotes over the phone, otherwise they could lose their dealership. Both authorized Brunswick dealers in my area (2 different states) gave me the same story -- they could only quote MSRP over the phone, you had to meet face-to-face to get the real price. So I drove over to the one I figured would have the lowest price, got his quote, then called the other to say "can you beat it?" He said no way, and was skeptical that the other dealer was legit until he spoke with his Brunswick rep who vouched for my dealer. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Just goes to show that different dealers can do very different things price-wise, so it pays to comparison shop around a 100-mile radius or so for such a big purchase.
    --
    David
    aka dmorris68

I have a Brunswick Brookstone model with all the bells and whistles. I love it. The only downfall is my house has become very popular with all my family members. My 6 year old Grandson has aced the game. Look out Mizerak! LOL <font color="purple"> </font color>

I ended up going with the Brunswick Brookstone. Loving it so far (especially the kids). Brunswick was running a special, buy one of their "overpriced" cue racks, and get the Centennial play package free. Ended up being about $3000 total with tax. The cue rack MSRP was $500 which I was able to get for $350. So basically I paid $350 for the cue rack and Centennial play package. I think the table price alone was $2495 less tax. Thanks for all the help.

I am in the process of price searching for the Avalon. Best price so far is $3949 includes tax, delivery and installation.

I have looked online for MSRP info for Brunswick but cannot find anything. How can i obtain the info??

The dealer wants $650 for Centennial play package another dealer indicated $250. I need to re-negotiate

Just go to the Brunswick website and type prices in the search box. Then select the top entry"Brunswick Billiards" and that should take you to the price list.