Here are some of my reasons why I think this new board is a great improvement over the old one.
1) All the many intelligent posters on the board. Both in the real world and the wonderful world of pool who are willing to share their knowledge with everyone here.
2) The board has many really skillful pool players posting here who have dedicated years to the "study" and perfection of pool and have advanced to the top levels of this game.
3) The "favorite" option where I can return quickly to a thread I want to follow. I now don't have to depend on memory.
4)The "search" option where one can search for a thread that one wants to return to or just to see if a topic has been addresed before posting it again.
5) A dedicated webmaster who is responding to questions/problems voiced by posters. This is quite an expense for Billiards Digest to absorb.
6) The ability to list polls in the threads.
7) A webmaster who deletes the "get rich quick" schemes.
8) Being able to check a poster's profile.
9) A handy, informative FAQ list to help people understand how the board works. (Now if we can only get posters to read it)
10) Using HTML to add color, bold, italics, smiley's easily to a message.
11) Being able to import pictures to messages. Like mighty mouse! Although I have procrastinated learning how to do this.
12) The Thread/response setup is basically the same way I had it set up on the old board except that this one is better. I use flat mode, collapsed threads, sort descending order by date with 5 posts per page. Once I open a thread I can easily read 5 replies without using the back arrow.
13) The preview option at the end that effectively eliminates blank posts and allows for editing.
I guess you can say that I am very happy with this system and once people spend a little time reading the FAQ's they will find it very user friendly. Thanks Billiards Digest. Jake~~~I was going to have another thread with negatives about the board but I am having a problem thinking of any.