Thread: Found a cue need advice (Joss cue + Predator shaf)

Found a cue need advice (Joss cue + Predator shaf)

After looking through over 1000 cues and shafts on ebay, I finally found a cue which I like. It looks beautiful and its quite within my range. If I just buy it now for $250, would I regret it later. I know Joss & Predator don't give warranty on warpage but if it is was to wrap it would wrap within 6 months and this cue and shaft are 1 yr old atleast.
    Plus the seller has got 100% Positive Feedback.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Item number: 7167561834
    Item number: 7167561834

Re: Found a cue need advice (Joss cue + Predator shaf)

A Predator shaft alone is a couple of hundred bucks, so this looks like a good buy to me.

Note that my Predator 314 shaft came with a dime shaped tip. I keep it dime shaped with a dime shaping tool. Also you may want to find out what brand and hardness of tip this cue has. Then if you play with this cue and get to liking it, might want to replace the tip when needed with the same brand and hardness.

And as I said before, it can take 2 months or more to get adjusted to a new cue. So expect that.

If you buy the cue, try the aiming a ball at the far center diamond experiment - with Predator - then with non-Predator.

For applying english with my Predator, I aim dead center, then move my bridge hand left/right (keeping my back hand in the same position), then cue ball goes to same spot as a dead center hit!

There is a lot more to using english than that, especially with cut shots, but it is a good first step to have a cue which sends the cue ball to the same spot as a dead center hit.

One of the first things I was able to do with my Predator... was a long shot, object ball near far corner pocket, and a center hit would be a scratch shot back into the near corner pocket. Well I aimed dead center, then applied left english by moving just my front hand, then made the shot, but cue ball came back to the left or center of the table rather than scratching. I said to myself "Hey, I got steering now!"
    I have no financial interest in any billiard related businesses or schools.

Re: Found a cue need advice (Joss cue + Predator shaf)

The used Predator shaft is probably worth around $125 to $150 - $184 new, on-line.

The Joss looks very much like an AVA102 or AVA103 ($210 list, $168 on-line).

Is it worth $250, plus $20 shipping ?? Probably $25 to $50 too much, but when you're looking for used, the selection at the low end can be small.

I'd go for it.

(I have a Mezz ZZ-07 with a 314 shaft I bought used and love it.)

Re: Found a cue need advice (Joss cue + Predator s

Ok guys. I bought cue and made a deal with the seller. I paid $249 using Buy it Now and I got free shipping. I should get it by Saturday. I can't wait....