Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workshops/Clinics

Workshops/Clinics

I would like to know if we can post our Workshops/Clinics here also. Thanks Denny
    Denny Stewart
    Ohio Pool School
    http://www.myspace.com/ohiopoolschool

Re: Workshops/Clinics

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DennyS:</font><hr> I would like to know if we can post our Workshops/Clinics here also. Thanks Denny <hr /></blockquote>

My guess is no, the title clearly states "This area is only for tournament announcements. Please no pool schools or for sale items".

SpiderMan

"If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

My guess is they'd say no too, but I don't see the difference between announcing a tournament where in many cases, (not your's Barbara) there's a profit to be made by the owner or promoter, and a pool school. Both are events offering opportunities for players. Both are ads.

Fran

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> My guess is they'd say no too, but I don't see the difference between announcing a tournament where in many cases, (not your's Barbara) there's a profit to be made by the owner or promoter, and a pool school. Both are events offering opportunities for players. Both are ads.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

But if I'm looking for tournaments to play in, anything else would be excess to my search. I've asked for more clarification in the initial thread.

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Oh, I see. Wouldn't want to inconvenience you. In case you haven't noticed, we're all trying to make a living out here. So because it pleases you, tournament directors get the upper hand, right?

Fran,

I think you and every other instructor should be able to post workshop dates on this forum. Or even create a new forum for "Instructor Workshop Advertising".

Barbara

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Oh, I see. Wouldn't want to inconvenience you. In case you haven't noticed, we're all trying to make a living out here. So because it pleases you, tournament directors get the upper hand, right? <hr /></blockquote>

I don't believe either of us pays the bills on this site. So, if the admin says "tournament announcements only", and even goes so far as to say "no pool schools", why shouldn't you respect that?

If you want a category for selling your products or non-tournament services, nothing prevents you from suggesting such. Trespassing on the site owner's wishes shouldn't be the alternative approach.

SpiderMan

Hey Fran and Marty,

Maybe they can add another forum for Pool Schools/Workshop Clinics? There are more tournaments than there are clinics but I don't see why clinics couldn't have its own forum. That would be especially handy for those looking for lessons or tuneups.

I peruse AZB and they have besides a Tournament Announcement area, Cue Gallery, Advertisements/For Sale, the Tournament of the Moment (ex. World Pool Championships), Ask the Pros--it would be nice to have that here as well.
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> I peruse AZB and they have besides a Tournament Announcement area, Cue Gallery, Advertisements/For Sale, the Tournament of the Moment (ex. World Pool Championships), Ask the Pros--it would be nice to have that here as well. <hr /></blockquote>9BG, I have to disagree about this. AZB has too many sections and it has become a pain in the butt to read. It wastes too much time switching in and out of all of the different sections. JMHO.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>9BG, I have to disagree about this. AZB has too many sections and it has become a pain in the butt to read. It wastes too much time switching in and out of all of the different sections. JMHO. <hr /></blockquote>Yeah I see your point but in seeing the different forums, I click on the ones that I want to go to and find exactly what I want to find. JMO
    I Shoot Like A Girl.
    Damn Good.
    Ah f*&%it!