Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dallas / Fort Worth Area Weekly CASH Tournaments

Dallas / Fort Worth Area Weekly CASH Tournaments

For the benefit of our north Texas participants, I'll propose to maintain a listing of weekly cash tournaments in this area. I enjoy playing in these - it's a good way to sharpen your concentration, and you can generate supplemental income without hustling anyone.

I'll start the list with a few off the top of my head. PM me with additions and/or corrections, and I'll re-post as I receive inputs.

As always, call to verify, mistakes happen and bars make changes.

<font color="red">Monday</font color>

WW Fairfield's, 8:00 pm, Plano Road @ Belt Line, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds money. Notes: Monday is also karaoke night at Fairfield's. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Rack Daddy's, 8:00 pm, Coit Road south of George Bush Freeway, 9-ball, Texas Express, double elimination, 9' tables. Notes: Need more info on this one. Listing updated 7/18/05.

<font color="red">Tuesday</font color>

<font color="red">Wednesday</font color>

<font color="red">Thursday</font color>

T-Daddy's Bar &amp; Grill, 6:30 pm, Campbell Road just east of Plano Road, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 1, bar tables, $5 entry. Notes: No cost for tables, coin boxes are open. Arrive early, entries are limited to 16. Listing updated 7/18/05.

<font color="red">Friday</font color>

Kelly's, 8:00 pm, SW Corner of Walnut &amp; Audelia, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Texas Hold-em poker tournaments at 6:30 and 9:00. Listing updated 7/18/05.

<font color="red">Saturday</font color>

Lone Star Cafe, 2:00 pm, Plano Road north of Arapaho, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Listing updated 7/18/05

Neon Cowboy, 8:00 pm, Hwy 175 east of Master's, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, bar tables. Notes: I need more info on this one. I know it's still active with good participation, added money, and a calcutta. Listing updated 7/18/05

<font color="red">Sunday</font color>

Rack Daddy's, 1:00 pm, Abrams Road north of Northwest Highway, in Dallas. 9-ball, Texas Express, double elimination. Notes: Format switches to 1-pocket once a month. Need more info on both of these. Listing updated 7/18/05.

777 Club, 4:00 pm, Central Expressway north of Spring Valley, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Low participation, so be prepared to start late as TD tries to round up players. FYI, this club has free pool all day Saturday and Monday. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Bandera Club, 8:00 pm, NE corner of Ferguson &amp; Shiloh, in Dallas. 8-ball, APA Scotch Doubles, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds $. Notes: Need recent report on this one, I haven't attended for several months. BTW, this club has a full kitchen and great food. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Have FUN!

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Re: Dallas / Fort Worth Area Weekly CASH Tournaments

If you want to play Tuesday nights, try Sterlings Bar, corner of Midway and Frankfort (N. Dallas). BCA 8 ball on 8ft. tables (6). Entry is $10.00. Starts at 8:00. Sometimes up to 34 players (Little Al, Barry, Robert, and Chin frequent).

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rubberballman:</font><hr> If you want to play Tuesday nights, try Sterlings Bar, corner of Midway and Frankfort (N. Dallas). BCA 8 ball on 8ft. tables (6). Entry is $10.00. Starts at 8:00. Sometimes up to 34 players (Little Al, Barry, Robert, and Chin frequent). <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks RB!

Double or single elimination, what's the race, what about added money?

PS - do we know one another? I look like the picture, but uglier.

SpiderMan

"If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Of course you know me. I tried to post under PoolFool but it wouldn't let me. How many people do you know that carry bags of rubber balls around with them?
    It's a race to 3, double elimination. I don't know how much the bar puts in but I know they add something.

C. W. (aka PoolFool, aka rubberballman)

Texas, where Men are Men, Women are Women and the Sheep are nervous..

Poolfool,

Thanks for the rubber balls. Remember to save a bag for me on your next trip to PettyPoint.

Deeman
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet

New Updates 7/29/05

WW Fairfield's, 8:00 pm, Plano Road @ Belt Line, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds money. Notes: Monday is also karaoke night at Fairfield's. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Rack Daddy's, 8:00 pm, Coit Road south of George Bush Freeway, 9-ball, Texas Express, double elimination, 9' tables. Notes: Need more info on this one. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Sterling's, 8:00 pm, corner of Midway and Frankfort in north Dallas, 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 3, 8' tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Reportedly well-attended with some A and A+ players. Listing updated 7/20/05.

T-Daddy's Bar &amp; Grill, 6:30 pm, Campbell Road just east of Plano Road, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 1, bar tables, $5 entry. Notes: No cost for tables, coin boxes are open. Arrive early, entries are limited to 16. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Spankee's, 9:00 pm, East side of Greenville Ave, 1.5 Blocks South of Lover's Lane, in Dallas. 8-ball, "Bar" rules, double elimination, race to 1, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds money. Notes: Although this tourney begins late, the race-to-1 format gets it finished around 11:30. General skill level is "B" or below. Karaoke also, great sound system, all singers entered into drawing for cash prize at midnight. Billed as a "neighborhood bar with a twist", Spankees has a reputation as somewhat of a "swingers" club. Listing updated 7/29/05.

Kelly's, 8:00 pm, SW Corner of Walnut &amp; Audelia, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Several "A" players may attend. Texas Hold-em poker tournaments at 6:30 and 9:00. Listing updated 7/20/05.

Lone Star Cafe, 2:00 pm, Plano Road north of Arapaho, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Listing updated 7/18/05

Neon Cowboy, 8:00 pm, Hwy 175 east of Master's, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, bar tables. Notes: I need more info on this one. I know it's still active with good participation, added money, "A" players, and a calcutta. Listing updated 7/20/05

Rack Daddy's, 1:00 pm, Abrams Road north of Northwest Highway, in Dallas. 9-ball, Texas Express, double elimination. Notes: Format switches to 1-pocket once a month. Need more info on both of these. Listing updated 7/18/05.

777 Club, 4:00 pm, Central Expressway north of Spring Valley, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Low participation, so be prepared to start late as TD tries to round up players. FYI, this club has free pool all day Saturday and Monday. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Bandera Club, 8:00 pm, NE corner of Ferguson &amp; Shiloh, in Dallas. 8-ball, APA Scotch Doubles, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds $. Notes: Need recent report on this one, I haven't attended for several months. BTW, this club has a full kitchen and great food. Listing updated 7/18/05.

Have FUN!

SpiderMan

New Updates 01/09/06

Thursday tournament at T-Daddy's is moved to Lone Star, same TD, and house now doubles the cash pot.

Saturday afternoon Lone Star Tournament will move to 7 PM Saturday night, beginning Jan 14.

Friday-night tournament at Kelly's is now slightly handicapped; "serious" shortstops (TJ Davis, Doug Smith, etc) will have one game added to their race.

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> As always, call to verify, mistakes happen and bars make changes.

Sterling's, 8:00 pm, corner of Midway and Frankfort in north Dallas, 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 3, 8' tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Reportedly well-attended with some A and A+ players. Listing updated 7/20/05.

Lone Star Cafe, 7:00 pm, Plano Road north of Arapaho, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Listing updated 01/09/06

Spankee's, 9:00 pm, East side of Greenville Ave, 1.5 Blocks South of Lover's Lane, in Dallas. 8-ball, "Bar" rules, double elimination, race to 1, bar tables, $5 entry, house adds money. Notes: Although this tourney begins late, the race-to-1 format gets it finished around 11:30. General skill level is "B" or below. Karaoke also, great sound system, all singers entered into drawing for cash prize at midnight. Billed as a "neighborhood bar with a twist", Spankees has a reputation as somewhat of a "swingers" club. Listing updated 7/29/05.

Kelly's, 8:00 pm, SW Corner of Walnut &amp; Audelia, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Several "A" players usually attend, and are handicapped one game. Texas Hold-em poker tournaments at 6:30 and 9:00. Listing updated 01/09/06.

Lone Star Cafe, 7:00 pm, Plano Road north of Arapaho, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Listing updated 01/09/06

Neon Cowboy, 8:00 pm, Hwy 175 east of Master's, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, bar tables. Notes: I need more info on this one. I know it's still active with good participation, added money, "A" players, and a calcutta. Listing updated 7/20/05

Have FUN!

SpiderMan
    <hr /></blockquote>

I've been to the Tuesday tournament at Sterlings three times now. The actual race is to 3 on the winners and 2 on the losers. Also, the tables appear to be 9-footers, though the pockets are huge (like WPBA?).

Lone Star Tournaments (Thursdays and Saturdays) now start at 7:30 PM.

SpiderMan

Quote SpiderMan:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday

Tuesday

Sterling's, 8:00 pm, corner of Midway and Frankfort in north Dallas, 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 3on winner's side and race to 2 on loser's side, 9' tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Well-attended with some A and A+ players. Listing updated 2/22/06.

Wednesday

Thursday

Lone Star Cafe, 7:30 pm, Plano Road north of Arapaho, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Listing updated 02/22/06

Friday

Kelly's, 8:00 pm, SW Corner of Walnut &amp; Audelia, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Several "A" players usually attend, and are handicapped one game. Texas Hold-em poker tournaments at 6:30 and 9:00. Listing updated 01/09/06.

Saturday

Lone Star Cafe, 7:30 pm, Plano Road north of Arapaho, in Richardson. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 2, bar tables, $5 entry, house doubles pot. Notes: Listing updated 02/22/06

Sunday

Have FUN!

SpiderMan

New Updates 03/14/06

Qbert404 sent information on Tuesday and Sunday tournaments in Arlington, and Mckinneyminer sent information on a Wednesday tournament at Click's Marsh.

SpiderMan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday

Tuesday

Sterling's, 8:00 pm, corner of Midway and Frankfort in north Dallas, 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, race to 3 on winner's side and race to 2 on loser's side, 9' tables, $10 entry, house adds money. Notes: Well-attended with some A and A+ players. Listing updated 2/22/06.

Clicks, 8:00 pm, 2701 Majesty Dr in Arlington, about 2 blocks SE of 360 and Six Flags Drive. 9-ball, double elimination, race to 3 on winner's side and race to 2 on loser's side, 8' tables, $5 entry, house adds $50 for 8 players. Notes: Each player also receives a "1 free hour of pool" gift card. Listing updated 03/14-06 (thanks Qbert404).

Wednesday

Clicks, 8 PM (signup @ 7:00), 19049 Marsh Lane, west side of Marsh just south of Rosemeade in far north Dallas. 9-ball, double elimination, handicapped, race depends on handicap, 8' tables, house adds $100, pays 8 places for field of 25+. Notes: Strong field, expect several local shortstops. Listing updated 03/14/06 (thanks Mckinneyminer).

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Neon Cowboy, 8:00 pm, Hwy 175 east of Master's, in Dallas. 8-ball, BCA, double elimination, bar tables. Notes: I need more info on this one. I've heard it's still active with good participation, added money, "A" players, and a calcutta. Listing updated 7/20/05

Sunday

Rusty's, 8:00 pm, 3151 S. Cooper in South Arlington, between Pioneer and I-20. 9-ball, double elimination (handicapped), 8' tables, $10 entry, house adds $50. Listing updated 03/14/06 (thanks Qbert404).

Have FUN!

SpiderMan

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rubberballman:</font><hr> If you want to play Tuesday nights, try Sterlings Bar, corner of Midway and Frankfort (N. Dallas). BCA 8 ball on 8ft. tables (6). Entry is $10.00. Starts at 8:00. Sometimes up to 34 players (Little Al, Barry, Robert, and Chin frequent). <hr /></blockquote>

Poolfool,

Thanks, that was a good lead. I've played Sterling's 5 times now, got two 1st, one 2nd, and two out-of-the-money. Firsts are good for about $90 each night. Not a bad wage, since I'd be playing pool somewhere anyway.

Haven't seen you lately, did you quit going?

SpiderMan