Thread: looking for a new cue

looking for a new cue

ok so I've used a multitude of cues, some my own, others not, I've been playing for almost 10 years but have only owned 3 cues totalling a measly 400 dollars that are a cheap 11 dollar walmart cue, a cuetec that broke last weekend on me and a used predator I bought off a friend. Due to tough times, in my life right now, paying off university costs, a marriage and legal costs I'm looking at spending no more than 200 dollars on a cue. I liked the cuetec cuz I could break with it and it was nearly indestructible untill I got mad and snapped it over my knee. But I liked the way it played except for the super stiff hit it gave me. I'm looking for a cue with an implex joint because I could get the feel more, but I couldn't get super close accuracy I could get playing with my friends 5280 or joss. i think annther issue with my ball control is the use of a 20 ounce cue, it's a little heavy for my height and weight, and if I'm not going to break with this new cue, I could get used to a 17 or 18 ounce cue. So theres my story, I've got the "diamond system" down, can play Carom and have played in 15 tournaments winning NONE due to the handicap I get assigned. So let me know what cue you'd suggest for me, I wish I could spend more on it but I'm living paycheck to paycheck pretty much.

Re: looking for a new cue

I'm was confused by your words. Are you looking for a cue with an implex joint or not?

At under $200, you have a very wide choice. Players, Viking, McDermott, 5820, etc. If you've played with many of them, pick one. Get the weight down to 19 or 18, and break with a house cue or buy a cheap J&J break cue.

Buy on-line from someone like www.billiardwarehouse.com or take a chance on eBay.

Good luck,

My somewhat smartass answer is: If you're prone to getting mad and snapping cues over your knee, then maybe you ought to stick with the $11 WalMart cues...

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> My somewhat smartass answer is: If you're prone to getting mad and snapping cues over your knee, then maybe you ought to stick with the $11 WalMart cues...
    <hr /></blockquote>My equally smartass comment would be, buy the most expensive custom cue you can afford. From that point on, you will break one of two things. 1. That habit of breaking cues. 2. Your bank account.
    It is not the cue's fault, when you miss a shot or lose. It is operator error.

well ... not a easy answer for u !
    If u play pool and carom the ideal was to get a butt with pool and carom shaft... .... my advice .....find someone that can make u both ....... but with 200 $ is hard.
    try Longoni cues that have some models on a low price ... but of course u would stay better with a Schuler cue or a Layani cue ... if u want to know more detaills just email me to popcar22@hotmail.com