Thread: My very first Pool stick? Where/what to buy?

My very first Pool stick? Where/what to buy?

I saved up 100 bucks for a pool stick! I'm willing to save up more if it's neeeded however. I have to invest some money in a hard case too so that I won't get it warped by some idiot who kicks/steps on it.

Anyways, I'm a beginner, but I'm getting pretty good, and I'm starting to notice how warped sticks can really mess up your accuracy.

I'm looking for a cue that has all-around capability and lasts for a long time. I'm thinking Cuetec is the way to go, since everybody falls in love with them no matter what.

I've looked at the Cuetec cues, but I don't know which one will suit me best. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Also, if there are any places where I can read about how I can improve my pool game, please let me know about that too. (^___^)

Thanks in advance! [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: My very first Pool stick? Where/what to buy?

Find a dealer, near you, who carries a number of brands of production cues. Go and see what feels best to you.
    Another option would be to try out the cues used by your pool playing friends.
    Buying pool cues is a very personal thing. What feels good to someone else, will not necessarily feel good to you.

Re: My very first Pool stick? Where/what to buy?

Ditto to what Richard says. Be sure and hit some balls with a cue before buying it. Every cue plays differently (even though they may even be the same brand). Don't go by what someone else likes, pick yours by trying lots of different brands by actually hitting balls. You will know when you get the one that suits your game.
    play hard,play smart