Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pool tables

pool tables

i am looking to get a new table to replace the older one i have now...there are so many different brands out there but from all that i can gather Olhausen is the one to get. I have a older cheap brunswick now and after comparing the two manufacturers i think that i would rather buy american than import and i am looking for import from this board.Thanks

Re: pool tables

I just bought a new table (not replacing anything) and went with Olhausen. I imagine I'll be happy. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    --
    Erik J. Barzeski
    Billiards Drills .com

Brunswick is still the best, despite their being made in China. Much like you, I also believe in buying an American made product if the cost is the same and the product is of comparable quality. For my money, Brunswick is still exponentially better. But before you make up your mind, take a look at Connelly Billiards. They build a solid table and they are all-American made in Tucson, Arizona. [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In my opinion Olhausen is head and shoulders above the rest. However, I would definitely stick with companies that care enough to make their products here (Olhausen, AE Schmidt, Vitalie & Connelly, etc.)

i agreed with what the last poster said and i went with olhausen. I read what billiardsgod said and went and looked at Brunswick and i was not sold on the construction of the table. Then i played on both tables at each store and the Brunswick seemed to have a thump where i hit the ball into the cushion and it was louder when i hit different places on the cushion. The Olhausen was so quiet that i could hardly hear it. And the way the construction was as compared to the Brunswick.....no comparison at all. Matter of fact that unless i was going to spend 5k and above, that would have been the only way that the construction was close to equal to an Olhausen. I am a carpenter by trade and can see the difference of how they are built. So anybody else that reads this post get an Olhausen....period.

"So anybody else that reads this post get an Olhausen....period." Something sounds fishy there!

Are you an Olhausen rep by chance? Did you look at the Connelly line?

"So anybody else that reads this post get an Olhausen....period." Something sounds fishy there!

Are you an Olhausen rep by chance? LOL. Geez, you guys are incorrigible.

dude whats your malfunction....I gues your "Brunswick is still the best" blast was not in any way partial to any brand huh.....simple fact is as i shopped around i learned a lot about tables and knowing general construction in houses the Brunswick wasnt up to par....now if i wanted to spend a whole lot of money then the construction was better. The Connelly table was nice but it was priced a lot higher. In construction it was equal. They both have the good points and bad points but how you can equate Brunswick with Connelly....The Connelly was much better built than the Brunswick. Hell after looking at them why would i buy a Brunswick when the Legacy was built the same for half the price....i can buy a cheaper one yet online. And i wish i were an Olhausen Rep...im sure they make some fat $$$. But then again with a name like Billiardsgod....you know all. Freakin arrogant poindexters.

Geez. I hope I never buy a house you oversaw the construction of.

You are probably right because you couldnt afford a house i oversaw...But then again i dont build double wides. And i dont build my houses in China like the brand of pool table that you are representing.