Thread: What tournaments best...?

What tournaments best...?

... for someone just starting to play tournaments? I'm thinking of it to expand my experience, since I won a non-A player 9-ball tournament from the losers' side my first time out. I play mainly 9-ball, but I also play league 8-ball two nights a week.

The choices seem to be 8-ball on bar boxes, maybe some 8 footers, or mainly 9-ball, but some 8-ball, on 9-footers. I'd learn more with the latter having better players on average, usually some A players, but be more likely to win in a bar tournament.

Should I just step up to the bigger leagues, or get some seasoning in the minors first?

Re: What tournaments best...?

I would Just do them al,l [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] if i had the time and $ that is

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Phil, you have the time and you have the $$$$. Go play. Remember, Mount Dora, March 10. Wanna guage your speed go up with George and I and get ready to put some Orlando boys in a coma.

R.J.~~~been put in a coma by Phil multiple times.
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Kato, What's happening at Mt. Dora on the 10th? Are you talking about Fat Cats? You want a challenging tournament try Fat Cats the 1st saturday of every month. "A" players to pros. Jake
    Old Jake

Phil in sofla,
    I noticed in your profile that your hobby is 'conspiracy theories'. Phil have you noticed how everybody in the poolhall is in cahoots with each other against you. They are all conspiring to get you out of the tournaments. It is your job, no your mission too eliminate these ploters. You can maneuver around and get some of the little guys with ease but in order to finish the job you have to get the guys at the top. These schemers have to be stopped. Phil, do us all a favor and get these guys and, yes even the gals are after you. You have to get the job done. Play them where ever you find them; this your calling. May the pool gods be with you. Let us know when you have completed this task [img]/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Cheesemouse, you are wrong. The tourny Phil won I got dumped because I woofed at the TD a few months ago and he got fumed, plus I beat him on the practice table before the tourny (nah, he's really a friend and I'm whining).

R.J.``````
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Love playing and going to tournaments. You can play, or you can just watch. Either way, you'll enjoy seeing the players, matches and sweating.. from the Major tournaments to the weekly local ones.. the experience is something you'll want to do for a long time.. IMO it has been a lot of fun for over 20 years.