Thread: The Political Compass™

The Political Compass™

this was posted a year or two ago... not sure anyways try it out and post your results, i am curious to see where everyone stands [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/poli...stionnaire.php

Welcome to The Political Compass™.
    There's abundant evidence for the need of it. The old one-dimensional categories of 'right' and 'left' , established for the seating arrangement of the French National Assembly of 1789, are overly simplistic for today's complex political landscape. For example, who are the 'conservatives' in today's Russia? Are they the unreconstructed Stalinists, or the reformers who have adopted the right-wing views of conservatives like Margaret Thatcher ?
    On the standard left-right scale, how do you distinguish leftists like Stalin and Gandhi? It's not sufficient to say that Stalin was simply more left than Gandhi. There are fundamental political differences between them that the old categories on their own can't explain. Similarly, we generally describe social reactionaries as 'right-wingers', yet that leaves left-wing reactionaries like Robert Mugabe and Pol Pot off the hook.
    That's about as much as we should tell you for now. After you've responded to the following propositions during the next 3-5 minutes, all will be explained. In each instance, you're asked to choose the response that best describes your feeling: Strongly Disagree, Disagree, Agree or Strongly Agree. At the end of the test, you'll be given the compass, with your own special position on it.
    The test is entirely anonymous. None of your personal details are required, and nothing about your result is recorded or logged in any way. The answers are only used to calculate your reading, and cannot be accessed by anyone, ever.

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.87

Looks like i ended up near Ghandy [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] good company... i thouht i be more towards the center becuase of the way i feel about crime.

nAz 2012 GOP presidential candidate

Re: The Political Compass™

Took the test. I think you are standing on my spot.[But you are welcome,because I'm on top of Ghandi.
    Harry Swiver

I came out Liberterian Right...although not quite as far right as Freidman
    PBIA Professional Advanced Level Billiard Instructor

Thanks for the link Naz. It was very revealing.

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -4.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.67

The Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
    Authoritarian
    Left

Right
    Libertarian
    How can this be????? I was lined up with Gahndi, in the bottom left block and almost right on top of Ghandi???LOL.

I hit the bulls eye. Right in the middle. Half a notch to the right.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr> Looks like i ended up near Ghandy [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] good company... <hr /></blockquote>

I see you're also right there with Nelson Mandela and the Daily Camel [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I scored Economic Left/Right -0.88 and Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.87, pretty much in the center of everything. I expected to be moderately upper/right. Perhaps this test puts all of us more lower left than we really feel. I wonder if the long-term results will be used to support some sort of leftist agenda, claiming that surveys show that to be the way we "really" feel?

SpiderMan
    "If it's yellow and smells bad, it must be nine-ball. Or a diaper (or a Frenchman)."

Well I scored south of Ghandi. But I've always known I have somewhat anarchist leanings.
    Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -6.13
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59