Thread: OB-1 Cue Shaft

OB-1 Cue Shaft

I am looking at purchasing the OB-1 cue shaft but I have no idea on how to pick the right size shaft. Is the size based on the but end of the cue I currently use? If so how do I determine what is the right size shaft to purchase? Sorry if these questions seem dumb.

Re: OB-1 Cue Shaft

Not dumb at all. I live near the maker so mine were measured and matched, came out perfect. You should e-mail OB1 cues or call Royce and ask the question. Many people here have done it long distance, so it's do-able. Great shafts! let me kow if you need any information which I might be able to provide...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Well, I decided to get a new cue all together and then purchase the OB-1 shaft for it. This cue is most likely going to be on the super low end side. So my question would be, how important is the butt of the cue? I already know that I want a nylon wrap, but I am concerned about the longevity of the cue and how it will perform. Am I putting too much emphasis on the butt? I am looking at a cue for $29 bux at the sports authority called fat cat gold. It has something called accu weight which allows you to instantly adjust the weight of your cue from 18 - 21 ounces. It has 3 different size weights that you can manually remove by unscrewing the plastic end of the butt. My only concern about purchasing this stick is that maybe at some point, that interchangeable part of the stick will fall apart somewhere along the line.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

My feedback is simple: a $200 shaft on a $29 cue is like putting an awesome stereo system on a tricycle.

And it may not even work... does the $29 butt have a standard pin?
    --
    Erik J. Barzeski
    Billiards Drills .com

I would not advise that Friend. Why not see what OB1 will build you an entire cue for instead. You may be surprised at your answer. That 29 dollar butt you ask about might warp in 3 months, it's cheap wood...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"