Thread: wire-taps

Hybrid View

wire-taps

"Secondly, there are such things as roving wiretaps. Now, by the way, any time you hear the United States government talking about wiretap, it requires -- a wiretap requires a court order. Nothing has changed, by the way. When we're talking about chasing down terrorists, we're talking about getting a court order before we do so. <font color="blue"> GW has now just said that even ROVING wire-taps require a court order.!! </font color> It's important for our fellow citizens to understand, when you think Patriot Act, constitutional guarantees are in place when it comes to doing what is necessary to protect our homeland, because we value the Constitution."

--George W. Bush
    April 20, 2004
    Kleinshans Music Hall
    Buffalo, New York
    http://www.nothinghaschanged.org/ [ with sound.]

For what seems the zillionth time, GW gets caught in a lie. Will he get away with it this time?

Q [img]/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

Re: wire-taps

Well, if you watch the hearings in C Span, Gonzales is definately acting like a testifyer who is preparing for a future indictment! He won't answer ANYTHING! Even the questions that are generic.

Really, this is incredible, a president that thinks that he can interpret the law of the land, anyway he wishes, then refuse to discuss it. They are covering up something for sure. I hope the committee forces them into a closed meeting, and makes them reveal everything they have done. There's no question in my mind, what they are doing is far beyond what they are telling us.

Gayle in Md. Tired of watching this president lie, break our laws, and then call himself "Born Again"....

Notice the outrage for the Reps on this one!!!! LOL

If something's wrong, its wrong.

Q
    Remarkable.You leak a story, and then you quote the story. I mean,that's a remarkable thing to do

LOL, I did notice, it's hard for them to keep their heads out of those sand holes, you know? And when they do come up, their so busy rearranging the facts, it's hard for them to keep up with current events, lol.

Gayle in Md.