Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Folks who left us

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Folks who left us

Well, I caved in and dropped by the Playpool.com board yesterday and gosh darnit if the entire CCB crew weren't there. I hope folks come back since I don't really have time to hang out on both boards. Sure will miss those people (Barbara one of my favs).

Phenolic tips. I'm having a phenolic tip installed on my break/jump today. Anybody else break/jump with these tips?

R.J.~~~trying stuff in my experimental stage.
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Phenolic Tips (was: Folks who left us)

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato teases with:</font><hr> Phenolic tips. I'm having a phenolic tip installed on my break/jump today. Anybody else break/jump with these tips?<hr></blockquote>

Not for nothing, but wouldn't these tips be illegal under BCA spec. rules?

Fred
    <font color="blue">You cannot create experience. You must undergo it.</font color>

Just a little bit south and east of Hamiltucky a little bit west of the Atlantic Ocean

Re: Phenolic Tips (was: Folks who left us)

Fred, I don't know but since I don't play BCA it really wouldn't matter. If I did I do have another break cue. I know the phenolic tip jumpers are not outlawed on the Florida Tour now and everyone has one.

R.J.
    Signature deleted by***********Kato

Played against a guy the other night who had a "phenolic" tip on his cue...he was jumping everything in the place...said he was thinking of jumping the fountains at "Caesar's Palace" in Vegas, a la, Evil Knievel with it!

Where did you find one? By the way...they are illegal per BCA rulings (tips must be leather or synthetic leather)

Happy Hopping!

[color:"red"]RackMup![/color]

Someone please explain to me why a phenolic material should be outlawed. I don't get it, seems like the BCA gets "illegal happy" over nuthin' these days...sid~~~thinks his Lucase jumper may have a phenolic tip

Where can I get one!!???

You know when you have (or are playing against) a player with a phenolic tip on his jump cue. It's amazing what a little piece of plastic can do!

I cannot find anyone that sells them. The guy I shot against a few nights ago made his out of a small piece of ABS plastic, scavenged from a plumbing elbow from Home Depot!

I WANT ONE!

(my Meucci jump cue neeeeeeds one! Please help my Meucci jump cue!)

Re: Where can I get one!!???

Check out this link:

http://www.flash.net/~jlowery/tips.htm

They claim to have a BCA approved (although the documentation is from 1994) "synthetic" tip. The "black" model is designed for breaking/jumping.

They say it doesn't mushroom and holds chalk like a leather tip. Now, I wouldn't change tips on my shooting cues for these BUT I just might use one on my jump cue!

Anyone out there familiar with these tips?

Where Get Phenolic Tip?

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr>I'm having a phenolic tip installed on my break/jump today. Anybody else break/jump with these tips?R.J. <hr></blockquote>No, but it may be just the thing I've been looking for. Are they good for breaking as well as jumping? Where can I get one? Are the tips that Ken linked us to in the previous reply phenolic?

I would like to know what synthetic leather is. Is it leather or isn't it. Suppose I make some tips from phenolic and call it synthetic leather.

Re: Where can I get one!!???

I could make one Ken, but I really do NOT want to..... [img]/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]