Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WOW!

WOW!

This board is something else! I like it! Just have to get use to it! Im singing "In the year 2525" ha ha ha!

Re: WOW!

I knew I could count on Carol to see it optimistically.

Carol, I was in Tampa yesterday and Jay gave me a copy of the photo you put on his website of Robles, Immomen and Hernandez. With their signatures. I also got each of the guys on the North team to sign an individual cue ball for me. So did Buddy Hall. They are a great bunch of guys and Ginky kept the crowd in stitches with his cheers or should I say jeers at Tommy Kennedy. All in good fun. You missed a good time. Wish I could have gone again today but it was a 100 mile trip. Jake

Hi Carol & Jake -

Just wanted to see if I could link to a picture.

Pretty cool!

Sorry I missed Jake yesterday. Linda and I were at the Patriot Cup Games for a few hours. Nice to see and say hello to the players and Smorgasbored.

BTW Zuglan confirmed he did not run those balls.

I asked Varner if he kept a record of all his victories, he said he didn't, but wished he had. But, for those interested, Varner did say he had a lifetime winning record against both Strickland and Reyes.

One thing all the players whom I spoke to did agree on was that nobody ever missed a ball on them. [img]/ccboard_2/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] - Howie

Jake -

I assume this is the link to the picture you are talking about. [A second picture taken of Pete Margo is below, as they were evidently scanned together]. I tried linking it here but, for some reason, it won't take. Perhaps, it is to big a file. - Howie

Hope fully they will get those handy options turned on as well.

(Scott notices howie knows a little about UBB stuff too)

A real smart administrator would have left a switch for those who wanted the old view from yesterday's format as one of their options. I'm not sure what you find to enjoy with this new board Carol, 'cause I have found this new board format clumsy and inflexible to what I liked to do on the CCB as it used to be. May be some bells and whistles of value here but as long as the similiarity(or lack of) to the old board is what is appears here today, I ain't happy and it's not some place I'd recommend friends to come visit.

I am curious though, what is it that you like???sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

SId can you please share with me your set up in your preferences from yout "My Home" page. I am hoping I can help you out.

Is that a picture of you flying around on your post Howie? Looks like all went well with your surgery. Recouperative powers seem to still be working. I couldn't get anywhere with your link but it is the third picture from the bottom on the right titled "These are my best. Mika, Tony, Frankie & Pete Margo." Only there is no Pete Margo in photo and it is Tony, Mika and Frankie in that order. Where were you sitting? I was on the side of the table with the coin slot. 2nd from the end. And I think Joe Gibbs was sitting next to me. It didn't dawn on me until I got home and heard about the helicopter crash. But I probably am wrong. Did you see Jay? He found a game out front but didn't look too happy. Jake~~~missed Howie for the 2nd time.
    Old Jake

I was just kicking some balls around with Pat Howey who just moved down here from up north. He pretty much slaughtered me at straight pool. I did get a chance to play some against Max Eberle as well and played much better than I did against Pat. I did say hi to Howie and Linda and we talked a bit.

You are correct, that was the picture that I printed for you. I cut the picture off to remove Pete Margo from the one I got signed for you (I think it would have been quite a trip to go get Pete's signature).