Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Autographed Cue Balls

Autographed Cue Balls

I have a few autographed cue balls and just have them in baggies. Is it recommended to spray them with a sealer of some type? Jake
    Old Jake

Re: Autographed Cue Balls

What is the best kind of marker to use to autograph a cueball? A Sharpie maybe?

What difference does it make-it isnt like there is any value to them.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Railtester:</font><hr> What difference does it make-it isnt like there is any value to them. <hr></blockquote>

I have a a dozen cue ball with Efren Reyes' signature on them...now you tell me is there any value to it?

First all I would not spray any "sealer" on them because it may cause the name to "run". Just keep them put up so they can be seen and not touched.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>I have a a dozen cue ball with Efren Reyes' signature on them...now you tell me is there any value to it? <hr></blockquote>

I want to collect some signed cue balls to display for my own enjoyment, not to make money on them. But just out of curiosity, how much do you think someone would pay for a cue ball signed by Efren? How about a cueball signed by a retired or deceased former player?

Of course, the issue of authenticity is a related issue. Forgeries are rampant in the major sports autographed memorabilia market.

Mike Sigel told me his signed cue balls go for $50.00 on Ebay and he gets $30.00 to sign one. I regret I didn't offer him $20, and probably should have just given him the $30. I am not collecting them as an investment but just for the sheer pleasure they give me when I look at them. Ray Martin is another BCA HOF'er that gets $30 for a signed ball. Actually I don't blame them. And by being selective on how many they sign it makes them more attractive to the collectors out there, and raises their value. I wonder if Nick Varner charges to sign them? Anybody know the cheapest place to buy cue balls? Less then $8 each? Jake
    Old Jake

Autographed Cue Ball by Irving Crane

You can try www.billiardfanatic.com, which sells them for $5.00 ea.

By the way, I have one extra Cue ball signed by "the Deacon", seven-time world champion and Hall of Famer, Irving Crane. Proof of signature is from the return box, which has his Rochester address on it and a note that his wife, Althea wrote on my request letter. I was thinking of putting it on ebay but if you're interested ....

Re: Autographed Cue Ball by Irving Crane

I finally looked in my mueller catalog <a target="_blank" href=http://www.poolndarts.com>www.poolndarts.com</a> and found cue balls for $2.75. A mosconi ball on ebay was at $31 and a Miz for $30. e-mail me what you are asking for the Deacon's ball. Jake
    Old Jake

Re: Autographed Cue Balls-just a suggestion!

When I went to my 1st superbilliard 99", I brought one of those Highshool autograph dolls-a long dachsund-I have EVERY pro players autograph on it-men&amp;woman-and I keep it in plastic-just a suggestion!
    Carol