Thread: TO CCBOARD_ADMIN

TO CCBOARD_ADMIN

I received a private note. I responded to the private note. There was no indication that the response was actually sent. There was no sent mail, nor was there any notice that "you're mail has been sent". It simply took me to the new mail page. I resorted to creating a new note rather than "replying", and then received indication that the note was sent. I have no idea whether the initial "reply" mail actually got sent.

I think this is a problem that should be looked at.

Thanks.

Re: TO CCBOARD_ADMIN

At the bottom of your personal message composing page you can check a box to request notifcation of the message being read. I did this the first few times and seeing it was successful, now just assume it is going to the right place. So far they all have.

I have no problem at all "sending" a message. The problem is in the "replying" to a message.

If anybody else is interested, I "talked" back and forth with admin, and this is part of their reply:

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr>there should be a screen that indicates the message has been sent but that shows for only a few seconds and then it redirects you <hr></blockquote>

My response is Yes, there *should* be a screen, but there isn't.

Anyway, not a major problem as long as you realize that if you don't explicitly save a copy of the message, there is no indication that you have actually sent a message like there is when you send a message. I think I ended up sending three replies to the person to whom I was replying, because I didn't think the reply had been sent.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr>There was no indication that the response was actually sent<hr></blockquote>

When you view your recieved messages list (from My Home), the left-most column of the table will indicate the 'condition' of the PM.

N = Not Read

R = Replied

A blank indicates 'Read, no reply'
    You are what you do when it counts.--The Masao
    heater<span style="color: red">451</span>

Thanks, Heat. It's a darn shame that ccb admin didn't know that! So, when I reply to a personal message, and the board takes me back to my inbox, I should see the R there. That's good to know - can't wait to try it!