Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Arlen Specter's Complaint, President NOT Forthcomi

Re: Arlen Specter's Complaint, President NOT Forth

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> As for what I do for my country, twist this though you may, I was not raised that one should advertise one's good deeds, but that to do so, cancels them.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>
    Gayle,
    I didn't ask what you do, I asked what you would be willing to sacrafice for your country...two different questions.
    Steve
    PBIA Professional Advanced Level Billiard Instructor

Re: Arlen Specter's Complaint, President NOT Forth

Gee, that's a question chock full of possibilities, Steve, particularly because I don't view Iraq as a legitimate war, and would not be willing to make any sacrifices in terms of this particular war, so if support and contributions for our troops doesn't count....I don't know how to answer the question. We'd have to use some context for the question, I guess...I think we would all be willing to die for our loved ones, for their safety, and for freedom, don't you? I also think I, and most Americans, would make any sacrifices we could for the sake of our troops, and their optimum safety. If you'd like to give me a scenario of some kind, I'll try to give you an honest answer. I have lost friends in this war, AND on 9/11, but I don't like seeing any sacrifice from Americans connected to Iraq, nor do I agree that this war is, or was, necessary, as you know.

Gayle in Md.