Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to put this computer????

Where to put this computer????

On an earlier post the question was: is pool addicting? The consensus>>welllll, maybe<< My question is: is this ccb addicting???? I'm considering moving my p/c to the poolroom as I have to walk all the way through the house to check on the ccb and it is cutting into my practice time. Damn this board [img]/ccboard/images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/ccboard/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Has anyone done what I'm cosidering and did it work out.

Re: Where to put this computer????

YUP! I put the computer in the pool room so I can take a break from practice to read/post....or...to take a break from reading/posting to practice. Not sure which one precedes. The only problem with this arrangement is that my wife actually thinks SHE should have some time on the computer.

Regards, JimS ~ wife has knots on her head from being "tapped" with the butt of the cue on some back swings. Strictly accidental...honest.
    JimS

"no non-chalantin at the pool table" Frank "Sailor" Stellman

JimS, I knew I couldn't be the first with this quandary. What the hell, I've gone nuts with pool I may as well go over board with computers too. I think I'll get a laptop/computer and just network the house. [img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks for the heartening reply.

Seriously....it works out GREAT having the computer 6 feet from the pool table and since I practice most all evening most every evening it is a REASON for my wife to come in, sit down and talk to me for a while while she emails her friends and family.

I have a chance to talk to somebody and vent frustration about my game or to share a new discovery. She doesn't give a damn about pool but she does support me and encourages me to do what I love as it does make me a happier camper, so she listens while I explain cling and throw and pivot points...smiles and nods and I know she doesn't give a s*&%^ and that's ok 'cause it does bring us together. I also get to listen to all her family news [img]/ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] and pretend that I give a s*&^%. I've even learned their names and pertinant questions to ask about each!

Hope you do it and it works as well for you as it has for us.

Regards, JimS
    JimS

"no non-chalantin at the pool table" Frank "Sailor" Stellman

[img]/ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] JimS,
    You make me question my bachelorhood. It sounds like domestic harmony. My Basset Hound is harder to please. ha ha ha

You could go with a wireless network, so you could just lay a laptop on the rail while you're shooting.
    You are what you do when it counts.--The Masao
    heater<span style="color: red">451</span>

Heat,
    That's a good idea and then I could get a web cam and have streaming video of my practice sessions playing in that little box picture under my name. Cool

I recently moved my comp into my House pool room. this room is 22 by 25. I love it. I have a GC3, seating and a comp. desk. Works out great. Email me cheese ill send u a pic.

Brady
    Thinks its a GOOD move

Hi Brady,

Just post the pic here like so many others do. You need to put it on a server somewhere to use the URL, but "they" say it's pretty easy... We'd all like to see your setup.

That's why I built the site at pooltournamentcentral.com in the first place. just post your picture there (it's really easy) and then link to it here.

Jay M