Thread: Cafferty on warrentless spying

Cafferty on warrentless spying

CNN's WOLF BLITZER: ...[some wisdom] from Jack Cafferty in New York.

CNN's JACK CAFFERTY: I don't know about wisdom but you'll get a bit of outrage. We better hope nothing happens to Arlen Specter, the Republican head of the Judiciary Committee, because he might be all that's standing between us and a full blown dictatorship in this country. He's vowed to question these phone company executives about volunteering to provide the government with my telephone records and yours, and tens of millions of other Americans.

Shortly after 9-11, AT&T, Verizon and BellSouth began providing the super secret NSA with information on phone calls of millions of our citizens, all part of the war on terror, President Bush says.

Why don't you go find Osama Bin Laden and seal the country's borders and start inspecting the containers that come into our ports?

The President rushed out this morning in the wake of this front page story in USA Today and he declared the government's doing nothing wrong and all of this is just fine.

Is it? Is it legal?

Then why did the Justice Department suddenly drop its investigation of the warrantless spying on citizens? Because the NSA said Justice Department lawyers didn't have the necessary security clearance to do the investigation.

Read that sentence again.

A secret government agency has told our Justice Department that it's not allowed to investigate it. And the Justice Department just says okay and drops the whole thing.

We're in some serious trouble here boys and girls.

Here's the question.

"Does it concern you that your phone company may be voluntarily providing your phone records to the government without your knowledge or permission?"

If it doesn't it sure as hell ought to.

http://movies.crooksandliars.com/TSR...ctatorship.mov
    I'll start respecting your opinion when you stop making sh*t up.

Re: Cafferty on warrentless spying

Those sighners of the constitution back in 1776 would be devastated at how Americans have, and are, allowing their wise dictations to be tromped upon by this man we call president. It's past time that a halt, an impeachment, takes place. We have a criminal, a liar, a pure traitor in the Whitehouse. I am personally ashamed, and OBL is smiling day after day. This is a dangerous time, more dangerous every minute Bush has the reigns of power...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"

Re: Cafferty on warrentless spying

And the usual reverse intelligence policy of Karl Rove, which is to take what is common sense good thinking and turn it into a semantic attack, aimed at reverseing common sense into some kind of failure or screw up, such as, changing ones mind when better information is revealed, into a word like flip flop...hence, he trys to give the American public pause by threatening that there will be endless investigations leading to impeachment if the Democrats get control.

Pelosi made a big mistake. She should have gotten up there and said, you're damn right we're going to investigat this law breaking administration, and if there is impeachment, it will be for damn good reasons.

Funny how investigations in general which were the name of the game during Clinton's entire tenure, are suddenly being referred to as not politically correct.

I write my Congresspersons and Senators every single day, demanding impeachment. We should all be doing this.

Gayle in Md.