Thread: Shaft won't screw on?

Shaft won't screw on?

I'm looking for some expert help. I purchased a high end ebony and ivory Mike Sigel cue from a collector. The guy who sold it to me never even screwed the shafts on. That now my problem. One of the shafts will screw on with great difficulty and the other one will only go on about half way. At half way, it's almost impossible to get the shaft back off. I know that the shafts are for this cue, as there is very distinctive matching ring work and it was the only Sigel cue that this guy owned. This cue originally sold for over $3000, so it's hard to believe that the shafts don't fit??? I've sent emails to the address on Mike Sigel's website, but have not seen a response. I don't know if with the IPT thing he's doing if he's even monitoring the site any more.
    I was going to try some dry graphite lubricant, but don't know it that's a bad idea.
    If any of you have the expertise to give me some ideas, I'd appreciate it.
    Hope you all have a great 4th weekend.
    Chris

Re: Shaft won't screw on?

The obvious and correct(I'm sure) approach is to have any cue builder you can find, to run a tap on those threads. I assume you have w-to-w joint. If they are metal, then you may need to try a tad of lubircant, but that's an odd event if that's the case...sid
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room!"